73 • Idols

Taeil in Chain >>>>>

Chapter 73 

Jisung was about to get frustrated but he managed to keep his composure. 

"This was your idea," he noted under his breath, massaging the bridge of his nose soothingly. "Go inside. Now." 

Cho-a brushed her sweaty palms off on her trousers. "I forgot how nervous I get when I talk in front of all of them." 

"They are all very nice, you know that," he pointed out. "Even Taemin came to support you."

Someone cleared their throat next to them, loudly attracting the attention of the two. They turned away from one another and towards him.

"That's right, I'm only here for you," he pointed out, put an arm around her shoulders. "What are you so worried about? You know them all by now." 

Cho-a frowned, looked behind her into the spacious room that held close to two dozen men, chatter pressing against the walls and doors. 

She frowned. "I don't know. They are just... so many." 

Taemin tilted his head from side to side. He looked at Jisung. "She's got a point."

The youngest rolled his eyes. "You aren't helpful." 

Meanwhile, one of the boys left the room to check on the three that were still not inside yet. He smiled warmly at the girl. 

"There you are," Yangyang said. "You've been standing here for minutes already. Come inside." 

"I'm just a little..." she began but didn't finish her sentence when she realized she couldn't choose the right adjective to describe her feelings.

Upon seeing that, Yangyang smiled a little wider. He reached out, grabbed her hand and pulled gently at it. 

"Let's go." 

Eyes wide, Cho-a reached for Taemin's arm that was still around her shoulders. He quickly noticed that though, swiftly took a step back and interlocked his fingers behind his back so that she wasn't able to hold on to him. 

She gasped. "You are still the same," she exhaled in despair. 

"So are you," he shot back. "Now go." 

"But I don't want to," she whined. 

Yangyang, however, didn't care. He kept a firm grip on her hand and dragged her into the room with him. The two of them quickly attracted the other boys' attention.

"Guys, Cho-a is a little nervous so let's welcome her warmly!" he shouted. 

Jungwoo, Hendery and Haechan quickly got up and started clapping. 

"Applause!" Haechan shouted which caused the rest of the boys to join in, soon filling the room with enthusiastic applause and cheers. 

Cho-a's head dropped, eyes on the ground. She couldn't quite decide if she loved or hated these boys. 

Probably a little bit of both though.

After having brought her to her chair, Yangyang gave her shoulders a soft squeeze. 

"Trust us a little more, we are on your side," he whispered, bent down a little to be closer to her. "Or just see us as friends. You wouldn't be nervous then, would you?" 

She looked up at him, getting a short glimpse at those warm, happy eyes. She gave in, offered him a small nod. And with that, Yangyang left and sat down next to Hendery again.