58 • River

I'm not over Work It Jisung yet, sorry

• Chapter 58

Haechan and Cho-a walked up to their usual lunch table, both wearing heavy grins. They seemed satisfied as they came to a halt in front of the other boys that watched curiously.

Clearing his throat, Haechan took Cho-a's arm and pulled it up as if she just won a fight.

"Ladies and gentlemen-"

"We are all guys," Renjun noted, cutting Haechan off who narrowed his eyes at the older one. Slightly surprised, he leaned back in his chair. "Continue."

So, after clearing his throat yet again, Haechan continued.

"Gentlemen and gentlemen," he began happily. "I hereby announce, that Cho-a officially passed all exams for this semester!"

Not losing a second, Chenle started clapping. "Applause!" And so all the other boys started clapping too.

Bowing a couple of times with her hand above her heart and looking all emotional, Cho-a eventually cleared her throat as well. Standing up straight, she let her gaze wander over the boys.

"I am honoured to be able to stand before you today," she began, enthusiasm in her every word. "I would like to thank Haechan, my best friend and tutor, for his constant support and frequent tutoring sessions."

Haechan wiped away an imaginary tear.

"I also want to thank Kun, who sadly cannot be here today, and Renjun, my favourite brother of all time, for their consistent nagging. It really kept me on my toes." She looked at the oldest with a sad smile.

Renjun frowned. "I'm your only brother."

She nodded before she lowly noted,
"Which makes you my favourite and least favourite brother at the same time but I still decided to go with the former."

He rolled his eyes.

"Furthermore, I cannot forget to mention mom and dad, who were always on my side," she said, pointed at Jaemin and Jeno. "Thanks for bringing me snacks when I was studying, Jaemin. And thank you, Jeno, for purposely losing against Haechan when you played games during study break so that you could ask for a rematch, giving me more time to relax."

Haechan's excited expression dropped. "Wait what-"

Jeno smiled brightly at the girl. "Any time."

"Let me not forget to mention Chenle who, despite having the tendency to disappear when Jeno, Jaemin and I get attacked, was willing to adjust our training sessions to my busy schedule, allowing me to not only grow mentally but also physically."

Chenle smiled proudly whilst also actively ignoring her comment about the attacks.

"And lastly, Jisung," she smiled brightly. "You didn't do anything but I'm still thankful that you decided to date a girl that is bottom in class for at least half of her classes."

Hesitating, Jisung nodded. "You're... welcome?"

Clapping her hands together just once, she ended her speech and quickly sat down next to Jisung.

After getting seated and falling back into a calm atmosphere, Chenle offered his attention to Jisung again and alongside him did the rest of the group.

Jisung glimpsed at the Cho-a and Haechan briefly. "I was telling them about the meeting," he said.

Cho-a pushed out a low oh through barely parted lips, nodded and told him to go ahead whilst she started eating already.