3 • Notice

• Chapter 3 •

"If he beats me up will you help me out?" Cho-a asked curiously, straw trapped between her teeth. 

She took a sip of her coffee as she watched Renjun who seemed indecisive. He hummed. 

"I might try to sell tickets to the fight," he replied earnestly, then turned his head just when a soft frown washed over Cho-a's face. "To be able to pay for your hospital expenses you idiot." 

He put his finger onto her forehead and pushed her head back harshly. Yet, it made her smile. 

Turning away again, she kept drinking the cool beverage. "I knew you had my back." 

"Just don't get on his bad side." It was a warning, though spoken only half-heartedly. 

With a raised brow, she looked ahead, glimpsed past the people that stood before her until her eyes found the front of the bus. 

Her glance lingered on the street ahead of them as she listened to the boy talk. 
"Why do you make this sound so serious?" she questioned. 

"Because it is. Jisung isn't just a random grim reaper," he said briefly, eyeing Cho-a carefully who seemed unimpressed. 

"What? Is he your boss or something?" Renjun nodded. "Isn't he a kid still?"

He sighed. "Kinda, yeah."

Which made the girl chuckle shortly, head tumbling to the side as she grinned. 
"That must suck dude-" 

"Shut up," he grumbled, pushing her head back again. 

Grin turning into a soft smile, she watched Renjun who seemed sincere in warning her, sincere in wanting her to be careful. 

However, thinking back to yesterday, the grey of his cold eyes and the way he got upset so quickly - it was amusing to watch as much as it was irritating. 

"He has a bad temper," she said lost in thoughts. "If he is rude to me, I will be rude back." 

Sighing heavily, Renjun furrowed his brows. 
"That's very mature of you." 

Raising her hands in defence, Cho-a looked almost insulted. 
"Did I ever claim to be mature?" 

"I thought you were anyway," Renjun muttered. 

Nodding along, the girl looked back ahead and lifted the straw back up to her lips. 
"Not the brightest bulb, I see," she breathed into the air around which the boy pretended not to hear. 

When the bus halted at the next stop, Renjun got pulled out of his seat and the vehicle last minute. He followed Cho-a wordlessly, neither questioning her hurry nor the tight grip on his wrist. 

He just followed along and rushed out of the bus until they stood there, doors closing and engine roaring up softly as it drove off. 

The boy nodded to himself, then trapped his lips between his teeth before letting them out with a pop. 

"Okay, now what the hell was that? We got off 4 stops too early." 

Cho-a nodded mindlessly, lips parted softly as a flat exhale streamed out of her mouth. She stood still at the heavy feeling on her chest. Hesitantly, she turned her head to follow the bus' route. 

It turned left, disappeared behind the next corner, whilst talking and loud white noise filled the air. A few people looked into the direction of the bus, which must've come to a halt at the busy crossroad by now. 

Renjun didn't have to follow her gaze, he could tell by the look in her eyes. 
"Another accident?" 

In the distance, sirens echoed. People screamed for help. 

"Useless," Cho-a mumbled at the pleas and cries and screams. As if nothing happened at all, she turned on her heel and started walking into the direction of the university. 

"The bus will be stuck there for some time, it's better I walk," she explained just as Renjun fell into step next to her. He looked at her intently. 

"You'll be fine?" She nodded before they both turned left, seeing the bus stuck in the sea of standing cars. 

Most passersby stood wordlessly, some talked anxiously, a few looked horrified. 

Cho-a hummed. "Of course," she said calmly as she watched the boy, the brown of his eyes whirling like a pile of dirt before it was replaced by the familiar grey swirls and cloudy strokes. 

"Don't take too long, you'll be late for class," she said teasingly. 

"I'll be late anyway." 

"I know." 

With that, she turned around and walked away, coincidently spotting a familiar face. She stepped past him and, as she did, her eyes met his by accident. 

And it didn't go unnoticed by either of them - the fact that Cho-a clearly saw something she shouldn't have. 

It's just that, there and then, neither of them cared very much. 

• Notice •

No matter how I look at it Jisung is a baby

But I couldn't help but go with a dark concept for him well