63 • Last

(!) Please note: In this chapter, NCT will always be described as "boy(s)" (or "guys"). 
If I use the term "man/men" then I am always talking about someone else. 

Okay, that's all. Enjoy the chapter~! 

• Chapter 63 

Imagine this, but in slow motion and with dramatic music in the background: 

Twenty-one handsome boys step into a dimly lit building. The little light inside falls perfectly to accentuate their features as their determination and anger shimmer vividly in their eyes. They walk in unison, steps loud and threatening, making their entrance known to their enemies that were awaiting them patiently - only to crumble in fear upon the sight. 

What a scene. Impactful, strong and perfect for the boys that appear in it. 

Now imagine this: The reality. 

"Yo, it's super dirty in here," Jaehyun mumbled as he tried not to step into the big piles of dirt. "My shoes are new."

"You knew where we were going," Taeyong noted, lacking sympathy for the younger one. 

"Well yes but no one told me it would be this dirty," he muttered under his breath as he started to walk in Lucas' footsteps to avoid unnecessary dirt piles.

Xiaojun scrunched his nose. "I really need to pee." 

"I told you to go before we left," Kun reminded him strictly at which the other quickly agreed. 

"But I didn't have to go then," Xiaojun said, a soft pout on his lips, highly dissatisfied. 

Meanwhile, Taemin, who had been walking further at the back of the group, made his way up to Jisung who was leading the bunch through the worn-down building. 

It was an old mall stated to be 'damaged beyond repair' after maintenance work had unveiled a couple of major issues regarding the building's safety. Struggling from its age, it was now patiently awaiting its demolition. 

Falling into step with the youngest, Taemin gave him a brief look. 

"Do you want to explain to me where Chenle and Cho-a are?" he asked in a low voice, almost as if he wanted to treat it as a secret. It couldn't, however, be any further from that. 

All of the boys noticed the absence of the two. Due to one reason or the other, no one seemed to feel the urge to question it though. It was probably partly because of the unspoken understanding that, if they could have been here, they would have been. So they must have had their reasons and Jisung must have known. There was nothing they could do now. 

Since Taemin was the first to ask, apart from Renjun and Haechan that is, Jisung hesitated. He had no problem with the question per se, he merely couldn't offer a proper answer. 

He didn't know himself. 

Eventually, he sighed. "They are on their way to do something stupid." 

"And you let them go?" Taemin seemed surprised. "Woah. You came a long way." 

Jisung hummed. "I don't like where that way is going." 

"Too late now," he said as if it wasn't evident already. 

After a little while, the boys finally reached a floor that was littered with light, emitted by lamps that were momentarily left there from the workers that had inspected the building not too long ago. Now they were the only source of light, apart from the little brightness the stars and moon offered.