28 • Punctuality

Chapter 28 •

"Did you... kidnap me?" Cho-a asked carefully, a frown on her face. 

The still nameless girl looked at her with raised brows, crossed her arms and looked almost offended by the question. 
"Yes." 

However, Cho-a found that hard to believe. She took a step back, looked around inside the large penthouse with wide windows and plenty of space. A big kitchen, countless rooms, modern design. 

She shook her head. 
"You brought me to a million-dollar apartment." 

"I live here," she deadpanned. 

"This is not-" Cho-a paused. "I imagined being kidnapped to be scarier." 

At which the girl sighed. 
"I can throw you into the basement if you prefer that but it's more convenient to keep you here," she said, slumped down on the sofa and turned on the TV. "I'm trying to get him to talk to me so I'm starting this off nicely. If he comes to have a chat with me you'll be fine. If he refuses..."

She drifted off, gave Cho-a an ominous look. Exaggeratedly sweet. Obviously fake. 

A warning that however was no use to Cho-a who couldn't influence any of the boys' behaviour anyway. 

Thinking about it, she started to wonder again - who was he? 

She had a guess, of course, which made her nervous. Considering that her safety lay in his hands, she really just hoped that the one that girl was looking for was not him
"Not Jisung," Cho-a begged, making the girl look up. "Please tell me it's not Jisung." 

The desperation in her voice and eyes were clear. Like she was entirely certain that, if it was Jisung, she would be doomed. 

The nameless girl grinned. 
"Have a little more faith in your friend." 

Cho-a frowned and shook her head in slight protest. 

Amused at her misery, the girl just laughed. 

"He's the only reason I'm being nice to you. He's why you are free to run around as you wish when I am home. You can also make food whenever you are hungry and watch TV," she explained. 

Suddenly, her phone buzzed. She took it out, seemingly content.
"However if I am not here..." she trailed off yet again. 

"What-" 

Cho-a got interrupted when she was suddenly pushed back. She was overwhelmed by the force. Overwhelmed by how it hurt. She stumbled back step after step. 

"I have to go meet someone," the other one said, shoving Cho-a further back, then through the doorway to a small bedroom behind her. 

"Jisung?" 

The girl frowned. 
"No," she huffed in disbelief. "I'd rather make this more fun." 

"I'd rather you don't-" 

She laughed. "You are saying this as if cared. Cute." And then she slammed the door shut, locking Cho-a inside. 

~

Renjun stepped into Jisung's living room, rubbing his damp hair dry with a towel he took with him from the bathroom. 

"Having a sleepover was nice," he noted happily, went to sit down on the sofa next to Haechan who nodded in agreement. Though it felt nice to be away from home for once, his eyes quickly jumped to his phone. 

13:07

"Where's Cho-a?" Renjun asked. She should've been there by now. 

"She's late," Haechan said simply. "That's a first. But I guess even she runs late sometimes."