69 • Eager

heart: broken

Chapter 69 

Jisung leaned against the doorframe, head against the cool wall, and watched Doyoung inspect the boys' injuries. 

Jeno and Jaemin were pretty much fine anyway and Haechan wasn't hurt at all, so he skipped those three and went straight to Chenle. 

He removed the large plaster and hummed in satisfaction. 

"Does it still hurt?" Doyoung asked. 

"Nope." 

He nodded to himself, ran his thumb over the close-to-healed wound carefully.
"It should be gone in a day or two," he said. "Be careful until then though." 

"Yessir." 

Although it was a serious injury and although he had lost a lot of blood, it was still nowhere near life-threatening. Chenle healed fast - it was in his nature. And considering that he had a competent doctor by his side, he got better even faster. 

It was the same for Renjun. A broken leg couldn't hold him back for long. Although it was a hassle to move around and he couldn't walk properly for a few days, he was now pretty much completely recovered. 

"I heard you can walk normally again," Doyoung said. Renjun looked at the older one in surprise. "Jisung told me." 

"Oh." His eyes found Jisung's briefly who was looking just a little more tired than usual.  

It surprised him that the youngest was paying so much attention to them. He thought he would be too preoccupied to even stand here and wait for Doyoung to finish his check-up. 

He didn't expect that, even in distress, Jisung still kept an eye on everyone. 

"Does it hurt?" Doyoung asked while checking and feeling if everything was okay. 

"Not anymore."

"Perfect. It seems good to me too," he then said. "I'm glad that you are better so Kun can stop worrying at least a little."

"Huh?" Renjun pushed out in confusion. "He didn't seem worried when he was here yesterday."

Doyoung got up, brushed off his trousers. The statement, while not surprising, did frustrate him a little. 

"He is good at pretending to be calm. It's enough if he worries about you, he doesn't need you to worry about him as well," he said. "Still, it would be nice if you would at least text him from time to time. You did jump out of a window after all and you haven't been home in days."

"Right," he agreed sheepishly. "I'll text him later." 

Doyoung sighed as he walked over to Jisung who was watching the others quietly. He locked eyes with the youngest. 

"Neither of you has been home in the last couple of days, have you?" he asked no one in particular and walked behind Jisung to check his head only to discover that there was nothing even there anymore.

"I would like to believe that this is now my home," Chenle admitted proudly.

Doyoung frowned. "I'm certain that Jisung's gonna throw you out the second Cho-a gets better."

"He would never!" Chenle exclaimed but stopped himself when he met Jisung's burning glare. "Okay maybe he would," he mumbled and turned away from them both.

Smiling in amusement, Doyoung quickly grabbed his bag from the chair he put it on earlier and then walked back up to Jisung. He was gentle and patient with the youngest considering his restlessness that only grew over the last couple of days.