6 • Snitch

• Chapter 6 

Stepping into the house's living room, Cho-a pulled Renjun to the side.

"I swear if you tell Kun anything about-"

"About what?" Kun asked, hands in his pockets as he watched the girl with curious eyes.

An awkward and slightly uncomfortable laugh pushed passed her lips as she turned around with a bright smile.
"Oh just about how much I love and adore my big brother and mentor, father figure and role model-"

Renjun hit her softly.
"You're being too obvious kid."

"Whom are you calling a kid, old man."

"The same person that called Jisung a kid," he said and added, "who also just happens to be the same age as Jisung."

Cho-a rolled her eyes.
"Details," she mumbled under her breath.

Frowning, Renjun pushed his hands into the pockets of his trousers and pushed out a sigh.
"Idiot."

Gasping exaggeratedly, Cho-a glimpsed at the boy in faked shock who just shrugged before both of them got interrupted by the older one.

"You talked to Jisung again, huh?"

Hesitating for a second, Cho-a frowned before she continued her act. A hand above her heart she gasped with upset eyes.
"Renjun just insulted me and you want to talk about Jisung?" she reasoned - though she did it poorly.

"You two insult each other all the time, it's no big deal," Kun noted, then stepped away and walked towards the kitchen.

Wigh an agreeing nod, Cho-a and Renjun followed the older one into the next room. The girl glimpsed back shooting a warning look at the older one.

"I told you not to argue with grim reapers and I told you not to get onto their bad side," Kun reminded her even though she was fully aware.

It was the simplest rule the eldest had for her, it wasn't hard to understand or remember.

Just a little hard to follow as it turned out.

By now the girl's defences had worn thin and she felt only comfortable enough to retort to sarcasm.

"Do you really think I would go against your ancient rule of not being disliked by the bringers of death? You underestimate me."

He didn't.

Stopping in front of the sink, Kun turned around. His eyes were only shortly on the girl before they jumped to Renjun.
"Did she argue with Jisung?"

The boy nodded curtly, a satisfied smile on his lips.
"She sure did."

She gasped. "Snitch!"

"I'm looking out for you!"

"I hate it here," crept past her lips jokingly before she turned around in an attempt to leave the room.

"Cho-a," Kun spoke in an oddly low, calm but somewhat tense tone. It felt serious and eery, causing the girl to turn around right away.

She just looked at him with curious eyes, glimpsing at Renjun quickly who, however, didn't seem to know what was going on either.

"I don't want you to get hurt." He said that as if it wasn't obvious already. "Big accidents keep happening lately; I don't know what's going on and Jisung isn't sure either."

"You don't think they are coincidental?" Renjun questioned, eyes flickering to Kun who shook his head.

"Something's off," he noted.

Cho-a had realized it too. There had been a lot of accidents, a lot of deaths. As if someone was challenging the grim reapers.

"You are really worried about me, huh?" Cho-a said eventually, humour in her voice as she tried to keep the atmosphere light.

But Kun just nodded sternly.

"Jisung's been keeping a closer eye on Jeno and Jaemin," Renjun said, biting the inside of his cheek nervously. "Do you think they are in danger?"

At which he seemed unsure.

"If they are, so is Cho-a," Kun said, turned towards the girl. His serious expression remained but softened a little as he addressed her. "Please try to stick around Renjun."

It sounded like a plea. He seemed genuinely concerned; something he hadn't been before or at least not to this degree.

"My friends like her anyway, it's no problem-"

"Jisung," Cho-a noted through a faked cough.

"He'll get used to you," Renjun said before he offered Kun a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Kun. No one wants to harm this annoying little brat anyway."

Cho-a gasped softly, an upset frown on her face.
"Do you want to die?"

"Oh no~!" Renjun shouted, faking a shudder as he brought his head down and pushed his shoulders up. "I'm so scared."

That was the last thing he said before he left the room, smirking amusedly.

• Snitch 

Nominating Kun for brother of the year

I hope everyone's safe and well too <3