𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Words 1796

TESSA.

"Aw, Hardin did you see her? She was talking to me and everything." I cheer with a smile and he chuckles lightly.

"No, because someone made me stay outside with that coal fucker."

"Hardin..." I whine, covering my face with my hands. "Don't curse about him. He is nice, isn't he?"

"Let's just not talk about it right now." He replies shortly, sitting down on the chair beside the window.

"Remember when we first met?" I whisper, smiling softly.

He sighs, nodding his head. "Yep. Wasn't pretty, was it?"

"Nope. You were a bully." I reply with a giggle, "but you still managed to make me fall in love with you and look at you now!"

He leans in from his seat, looking at me sternly. "Yeah, and how much pain did I put you through?" He shakes his head, leaning back in his chair and fiddling with his fingers. "I could never wish that on Emery." He mutters.

"Yes but Cole isn't like you— or like how you were." I explain, "I mean, if anything— I'd hate to say this but— Emery would probably be the one breaking hearts."

He huffs, slouching his shoulders. "Well, I don't fucking care about his heart. I care about Emery. That's who I care about."

"Yeah, well..." I trail off, trying to word this perfect so it makes sense. "Maybe you trying to control their relationship is what is breaking her heart the most." That's what my mother did and I know for a fact she was the one causing me the most pain— well, maybe not but this is a different situation.

He sighs, flinging his head back against the wall gently. "I don't think you're the one-"

"You don't want to say that." I interrupt, knowing exactly what he's doing. He's trying to make me upset so I'll change the subject. He was going to say, 'I don't think you're the one who should be telling me this.' In other words 'hypocrite.' "You know damn well that you were the one wanting to call the police that night." I watch as he lets out a breath, lifting his head and looking down at his lap. His shoulders lift and I can tell he feels guilty. "and it's really fucked up to try and use it against me," I pause, "which is something I should've said in our basement when we fought."

"I'm sorry." He sighs, shrugging his shoulders. "I shouldn't have made you do that. I should've done it myself."

"Yeah..." I trail off, "you should've."

It goes silent, the only thing that is keeping the room noisy is the sound in the hallways and the sound of the air condition. I feel a small pain below my left breast, but that is almost normal now. I only feel it when I think of it.