𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Words 2157

Thank you for all the positive feedback! You guys are awesome!!

EMERY.

I don't think I've ever been so excited for school before. Cole is going to show me his ear rape today. He denies that it's ear rape but if it's music then it most likely is. I hate music, at least from what I've heard. Maybe I just hate rap music because it's played at an unreasonably fucking loud volume at parties. Sure, call me a fucking grumpy grandma, but I hate noise.

Silence is what calms me, and music is the exact opposite of that. But Cole assured me that I will love his music, whatever it may be. He never gave me a band name or singer.

I swear, if he plays one of my mom's fray songs I'm going to vomit. Don't get me wrong, her songs are fine, but she plays them way too fucking much while she cleans and I know every single word of that whiny ass song Look After You. It was a cool song at first but now... I can't get it out of my head half the time and it annoys the shit out of me.

I put my black boots on and fling my bag on my shoulder before going downstairs for breakfast.

Mom has already put waffles on the table for everyone, and I am the first to get downstairs. "Where's everyone else?"

"Auden is in the shower and your father had a long night so I'm letting him rest." She replies, sitting down at the table.

I hesitantly sit down, nodding slightly. I hope she doesn't think we're magically best friends since I was nice to her last night. I just didn't feel like lashing out on her in front of Cole. But she did come in without knocking. I could've been fucking naked for all she knows.

I roll my eyes at the thought, and stick a syrupy piece of waffle in my mouth. She looks up, and I can already tell she's trying to think of something to say. "I'm sorry for walking into your room without knocking last night. I wasn't thinking."

I nod, looking at my waffles. I see her frown, but I feel no sympathy. She knows what she did to me, and I plan on reminding her 'til the day I die. Just like she reminds me every time I look at her. It's her fault he's gone. Her fault.

Not only that but she's so fucking controlling! She won't let me make prime decisions for myself. She better mind her own fucking business when I'm out tomorrow night. They have parties every night but I've been so fucking busy and tired to attend one these last few days. I also have been trying to avoid Chris as much as possible, but I know he isn't going to let go that easily. I'm surprised he hasn't texted me today. "It's fine." I mumble, and shrug. "I have to go."

I fling my bag back on my shoulder and leave my plate on the table and head towards the door. "Have a good day, honey." She calls, and I slightly smile at her effort. I get that she's sorry. But sometimes she acts so fucking oblivious, and that's not going to change what happened. It's so fucking infuriating when she tries to crawl into my personal life and fucking help me as if I'm unable to help myself. I don't need her help.