ᠻꪮꪊ𝕣

Hey!! Just wanted to share my new Home Screen!!! I love it so much!(^header photo^). 😭😭

TESSA

TESSA.

I walk slowly down the basement steps, the sound of paper shredding and loud sighs can be heard as I inch my way closer to Emery.

My heart is beating really quickly, and my gut has butterflies swarming around. I hate how nervous I get when I talk to Emery. I hate how I brought this onto myself by yelling at her this morning, and making her mad. But I also hate that I can't stop her terrible behavior from happening. Why can't she just listen to me? Why does she listen to Hardin and not me? Probably because she loves Hardin more than me...

"Mom..." she says, bringing me out of my terrible thoughts. I look up at her, realizing that she's not shredding paper anymore and is now standing in front of me.

"Sorry..." I trail off, "I wanted to ask if you would like to help me bake cookies for the neighbors?" I ask, and she lets out a laugh. I furrow my eyebrows confusingly at her and she catches on.

"Oh! Dad told me you would come down here and ask." She begins, "He said I have to help you." She rolls her eyes, "so I guess I'll help."

I feel a pang of sadness, not only because she doesn't actually want to spend time with me, but because Hardin had to tell her she had to and she actually listened. I'm going to have to speak to Hardin about that. I hate how he tries to spare my feelings by making Emery say and do things to please me. I want her to want to do them herself. It's like him asking someone to be my friend because no one else wants to.

"Okay..." I trail off as she stomps up the steps. Today is just not a good day for me.

I enter the kitchen and grab a bowl and some cookie dough from the fridge. "This'll be easier than making them from scratch. Although they won't be as delicious." I laugh lightly, and Emery gives me a small smile.

We start mixing up all said ingredients into the bowl and lay them on a pan. "Hey, where did dad put my phone?" She asks and I shrug.

"I don't think he left it up here. Maybe he took it with him."

"Of fucking course he did." She rolls her eyes and I glare at her. I decide not to say anything about her language in front of me. We've fought enough today.

"Maybe it's okay that he took it. You can talk with me." I smile softly, and she shrugs.

"I guess."

I stick the cookies in the oven, trying to ignore her answer to my offer. "Oh! Em, I was going to get the mail this morning and the new neighbors have a teenager your age!" I sing excitedly as I set the oven.

"Oh really?" I can tell she's interested, but she tries not to show it.

"Yeah, and he's really cute! He was getting the mail the same time I was."