𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Words 1611

EMERY.

Last. Night. Was. Fucking. Hell.

No, worse than hell. I'd rather burn with my fellow sinners than be in my room feeling like garbage alone. My anxiety only increased once I snuck downstairs to take a look into the liquor cabinet. I'm such a fuck up! I need alcohol to numb my pain? So now I am an alcoholic. Fucking great!

I couldn't stop thinking about Cole last night. I wonder if he feels the same way I do. I wonder if he also was unable to shut his eyes. Was he able to shake the feeling of loneliness? 

I'm slow as I get out of bed. It's Saturday, giving me the freedom to do whatever I please. Maybe I'll go to a party tonight and get Chris over with. Three more times is not as bad as it seems. Three fucking more times and I'll be free. Cole would be disappointed in me, but who the fuck cares what he thinks? He left me because of some stupid words I couldn't keep from spewing.

I roll my eyes as I look at myself in the mirror. My hair has a cow lick on the top, swooshing it upwards and sideways. My face is pale, my icy blue eyes showing nothing but death. That's what hangovers do to ya.

Maybe I need to smile more. Maybe that'll make me feel better. I lift my small lips up, smiling at myself in the mirror before huffing out an amused breath at the fact I'm smiling at myself. What the fuck am I doing?

I look away from the mirror and suddenly think of the song that Cole wrote and showed me. The first song he ever showed me was his original. He's pretty smooth on the self-promotion. I wonder where I can find that song... he wouldn't mind me listening to it, would he?

I decide now is a good time to head downstairs and grab some water to help with this headache. I also want to see Auden's new eyes! I'm going to have to start calling him four-eyes from now on.

I trot down the steps, a delicious smell of syrup wafting into my nostrils and giving me a warm welcome to the downstairs. I pull a chair from the counter and sit down, watching as mom and dad discuss something that I don't know about. A wedding?

Oh wait! Fuck, I remember now. Mom wanted me to invite Cole. It kind of excited me at the idea, but now... I would be fucking insane to ask him. He's mad at me. Our friendship is no longer.

"Where is Auden and his new glasses?" I ask, sitting down at the counter.

Dad shrugs. "I don't know where Auden is, but his glasses aren't coming in until tomorrow." Dad explains, taking a bite of an apple. Mom looks down at her phone, sighing before looking back up. "Anything?" Dad asks and she shakes her head.

I get up from my seat at the counter and open the fridge. I grab a water bottle from one of the drawers and gulp down as much as I can. "What are you looking at?"