𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

Words 2560

EMERY.

A knock at my door wakes me from my daze, and I hum a what. "Emery?" I hear mom and I roll my eyes.

"What?" I call and I can practically feel my mom sigh in relief as well as I can hear it.

"Your dad told me you were home," she explains and I pick at a loose string in my comforter. "I wasn't sure if you actually came home."

"So, you assumed he lied to you?" I call, furrowing my eyebrows at her weird reason. I don't want to talk to her right now. I'm not in the mood.

She doesn't answer and I take that as a sign that she is speechless. "Are you getting ready to go to school?" She finally questions.

"Yeah." I answer and I hear her mumble a small 'okay.'

It's exactly 6:47, meaning I have exactly twenty-eight minutes to get ready. I usually just throw on some black jeans, maybe a colored shirt, and some mascara. Fuck everything else girls do to get ready. Oh and I brush my hair and teeth, of course.

I turn when my phone buzzes on my nightstand and I read Cole's text.

Neighbor Boy🏠: don't go to Chris's this morning. I need you to take me to school remember?

Emery: I know. I keep pushing the time. I have a feeling he isn't going to be happy tonight.

Neighbor Boy🏠: thank god. Don't go to that party tonight. I have a plan.

Emery: you have a plan?

Neighbor Boy🏠: yes. I'll tell you in the car.

What the fuck... does he actually have a plan or is it just "we are calling the police" bullshit? I'm not calling the fucking police!

I stuff my phone into my black jeans, finally throwing on a white shirt and light purple hoodie. How's that for color?

I swing open my bedroom door, marching down the stairs to face the heart of my anger issues.

"I did something different today and made you some French toast wedges." Mom smiles up at me, "your favorite." She points out the obvious and I nod feeling slightly uncomfortable with how she's smiling at me. She isn't mad that I didn't come home last night? Does she even know?

"Okay." I mumble, sitting down and cutting a piece off with my fork.

"Where's Auden and dad?"