𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Words 2050

EMERY.

I'm standing in the middle of a kitchen. Don't ask me whose kitchen I am in because I don't have a clue.

The kitchen is completely white. No stains, no spills. Nothing but a spotless, emotionless kitchen. It's so white that it is almost glowing. Why am I not surprised? Why does this kitchen seem so familiar to me? I can't answer those questions either.

The floor isn't white like the walls and the counters. It's black. So black that if you looked down you would be certain you were in a black hole, plummeting to your death. The only thing keeping me from believing I'm falling is the shine on the black floor, moving like water. I'm not falling. Maybe I'm floating on this odd black water. It almost looks like water at night. What makes this so odd is that the kitchen is as bright as day.

"Hey," I hear a small voice say and I avert my eyes from the water beneath me to this small girl. She's beautiful. She has light gray eyes like me and her hair color is a light brown. She can't be more than six. She waves her small hand up towards her body, waving for me to follow her. "C'mere!" She chirps, turning around and skipping out of the kitchen. I don't follow her at first, too infatuated with my surroundings to listen to the little girl.

Soon the little girl comes back into the kitchen, an expected expression on her tiny little face. "Why aren't you following me?"

I don't know what to say and it takes me a while to find an answer, "I don't know who you are." I mutter quietly and the little girl looks down.

"Oh, that's right." She sounds disappointed. I don't give a fuck. "You don't know me yet."

"Yet?" I ask, lifting my brows.

She nods slowly. All of the sudden her smile is back and she looks like the happiest girl I have ever seen. "Hey, c'mere!" She waves to me again, skipping out of the kitchen once more as if our conversation never happened.

I feel uneasy now. What an odd fucking girl she is. She doesn't even give me a chance to follow her as she turns around and walks back into the kitchen. Her face contorts into a pouty expression and she crosses her arms. "Why aren't you following me?" She whines, looking at me like a normal six year old would when they don't get their way.

"Why do I need to?" I snap back, mimicking her pouty face and crossed arms.

"Because if you don't get out of here, you never will!" She snaps back angrily, shaking her head. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I open my mouth to question her but before I can get a word out she resets and gives me a huge smile. "Hey, c'mon! We have to get out of here!" She chirps, waving her hands for me to follow as she slips out of the kitchen.

I decide to stop fighting and try to move after her but I'm stuck. I look down to see the black floor of water engulfing my feet, holding me in place like thick tar. A whole wave of panic rushes to me as I call out for the little girl. "Help me!"