𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

My new puppy! We are getting him in four weeks!

Words 2144

AUDEN.

I sit on the couch, staring mindlessly at the front door, waiting patiently for it to open. My dad called uncle Landon about an hour ago saying he was on his way to pick me up. Yes!!

You have no idea how happy I am. I've been staring at the front door ever since. It takes about an hour to get here so he should open or knock on the door any second now.

I could look out the window and watch cars pass but I think this will be more exciting. Hearing him knock will be music to my—

The door knob twists and the door opens. I smile widely as I run up and tackle him with a hug. He lets out a surprised grunt but he hugs me back, chuckling lightly. "Hey, bud."

"Is mommy okay?" I ask instantly, looking up at him from his chest.

"She's better than okay." He replies, and my smile grows two times bigger.

"I was so worried, daddy." I feel tears spring to my eyes and I let out a small cry.

He hugs me closer, leaning down so I can put my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Aud. I shouldn't have kept you here." He says, running a hand up and down my back. "Quit crying. She's fine now."

I nod my head quickly, letting go of him and wiping my snotty nose onto the back of my hand. Dad looks up and nods towards uncle Landon who is just behind me. "Thank you for keeping him, man." Dad pats his hand onto uncle Landon's shoulder. "Good boy."

Uncle Landon roughly shrugs dad's hand off his shoulder, looking at him with a small smile as he shakes his head. "Good to see you're doing better. We plan to come down and see Tessa soon."

"She'll like that." My father nods. "Have you heard from Addy?"

Uncle Landon's smile grows and he nods his head. "Yeah. She uh... she called Nora and I this morning. She wouldn't tell us where she was but she let us know she was okay and told us she'll call us again later."

Dad pulls uncle Landon into a hug and I find it odd. Dad has never been a hugger unless if it's mom, Emery, or me. Or if someone forces him to hug them like grandma Kim does. She's the best.

"That's great, man." He pulls away and nods towards Nora who is also smiling on the couch. "We better go. I told Tessa I wouldn't be long."