𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠

Words 2067

TESSA.

"Go fish." I say sweetly, smiling softly at Auden who grumbles and picks up a card. Saturday's are always either super busy or super boring. I am very happy to say this Saturday is super boring— I guess I shouldn't say boring... it is just a very slow day.

Being that I had my life flash before my eyes recently, I've realized that maybe I don't spend enough time with my family, at least as much as I should. I couldn't say no when Auden asked if I'd play Go Fish with him.

"One-V-one me, mom." He dared, squinting his eyes determinedly. I chuckled at his use of words and nodded my head.

Hardin is on the couch, his notebook in his hands as he writes. His legs are crossed and outstretched across the couch, and his head is on the arm rest. The notebook is up on his chest and his pen is swiftly dancing across the page. I have not seen him like this in a very very long time. Ever since we moved into this house, when I found out about my first pregnancy, he had his desk in the basement. We did fight a little bit about who got the bedroom, but I, of course, won pretty quickly. All I had to do was give him those puppy dog eyes... while taking off my shirt... and revealing my red laced bra. I hadn't worn that bra in a while and it barely fit because of the baby. That only made him love it even more.

"Mooommm!" Auden groans, "please, do you have a green eight." He whines and I huff giving up my green eight.

"Sorry, I was thinking." I mutter, glancing over at Hardin who has his eyebrows furrowed. "Hey, do you know how Emery is doing?" I ask Hardin, quickly realizing he probably doesn't want me to interrupt his train of thought.

He doesn't seem to mind though, he keeps his eyebrows furrowed, his eyes onto the page and the back of his pen pressed against his bottom lip. "Uh... I don't know." He monotones and I'm pretty sure he isn't even listening to me.

I nod my head, focusing on my cards, and that's when Auden speaks up. "Yesterday she said she doesn't want to come down here. She made me grab her an orange." He rolls his eyes. I frown, furrowing my eyebrows at him. I hate to believe she is avoiding the living room. I know it was difficult to go through, but the living room is cleaned up now. She's not going to get rid of the fear if she doesn't face it, that's for sure. "she's so retarded sometimes." Auden adds, and I shake my head at him.

"Be nice." I mutter, glancing up at Hardin to see if he's paying attention, but he isn't. Maybe I should go upstairs and try and talk to her... would she care? Probably. Should I do it anyways? Probably, again. I take a deep breath, "Auden, pause the game. I'll be right back."

He nods his head, rolling from his butt to his back and looking at the ceiling. I chuckle at him, getting up from my spot and walking to the stairs. I go up, walking closer to Emery's closed door.