𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

Words 1724

EMERY.

The drive home is so fucking exhausting. Once I hung up with Cole I sat on the couch, forcing down water bottle after water bottle so I could at least try to drive myself home.

By 11:34 I'm in my car, cranking the engine up and driving away from the dumb ass party I had to attend.

I am a little bit sober but not sober enough to beat myself up about calling Cole. I will tomorrow, I know that to be true.

All the lights are on when I pull into my driveway. I park behind my father's car, climbing out of the drivers seat and dragging myself up the steps.

It's just a living room. I keep telling myself. Maybe this time I can face my dumb fear and look at the room.

I begin to open up the door and as I step foot into the house I look away from the living room and run up the steps, darting into my room. I guess I'm not ready to look at it yet.

I can hear footsteps coming down the hallway towards my room and I wipe my face, hoping it'll get rid of any traces of alcohol. I know it won't.

Mom knocks on the door lightly, and I sigh mumbling a small "come in."

She enters, looking around my room and then back at me with a small smile. "You okay?" She asks gently, and I shrug my shoulders, plopping my head down on my pillows.

Is she going to yell at me? If she is she better do it quick because I don't want to fucking deal with that shit right now. All she does is nod, coming in and shutting the door behind her as if she doesn't want anyone to hear us. Why the fuck... "Can I ask you something?" She whispers, sitting down on my bed beside me.

I feel like inching away from her. What does she know and why is she being so calm? Is she wanted to ask where I was tonight because I sure as hell am not going to tell her. "I was just out, mom. Please don't make this a big deal right now—"

"I'm not talking about that." She says, dismissing my thought. "Although we will talk about that later."

I roll my eyes, "what is it?" I question with a huff, placing my hand over my eyes.

She sighs, "I know you don't want to talk about this, but Cole's uncle's name is Trevor, right?"

I squint my eyes, moving my arm from my face to make sure she can see my total confusion on my face. "What?"

She sighs again, "I went to my high school friend's house. She lives near Manhattan and when I was there her neighbors were there and one of the neighbors used to be my... friend and his name was Trevor." She rambles and all I can do is think of that book they made me read. Trevor... was he in that book? I can't seem to remember. I didn't read all of the book, only small portions of it. Maybe he was...