ꪮꪀꫀ

HARDIN

HARDIN.

Tessa's head lolls to the side as her hair falls in front her face. I rub my hand up and down her shins propped up on my lap to soothe her. I smile softly at her. She still looks as good as the day I laid eyes on her, maybe even better now. She's definitely more confident now.

I slowly shut my eyes, breathing in through my nose as my head softly lands on the back of the couch. It's 2:30 AM, and Emery is still no where in sight. Auden is upstairs sleeping, at least he's supposed to be, while Emery is somewhere. I'm getting really fucking nervous of her whereabouts. I hate to admit it to myself but I think she's out partying. I think she's out drinking her problems away. The same shit I used to do.

Tessa doesn't think she's capable of that, but I mean, come on! She's my child, of course she capable of such things. I knew right from the time I first laid eyes on her that she would be a daddy's girl. Which is a fucking dream come true, but that also meant she would receive my bad habits, and fucked up mind. And that thought has haunted me since the day she was born.

I cringe at the thought of her being like the girls I used to hang out with. Drinking until she throws up her guts, and kissing random guys. I take a deep breath, trying my best to control the anger creeping up on me. I know it seems impossible, but I'm more 'possessive' over Emery than I have ever been with Tessa. And I was pretty bad with Tessa. I have sort of let loose with Tessa, giving her the opportunity to talk to men if she wants to. I mean, thinking about how I acted before seems shitty to me now. I'm married to the woman with two kids, she would never fuck someone else. And I trust her now more than I ever did. But Emery is different. Emery is my only daughter, and the thought of someone violating, or hurting her makes me want to crash a lamp against the wall and fucking kill whoever harms her.

My anger is interrupted by a small click coming from the entrance of the house behind me. I hear a soft hum and then a stumble of boots on the hard wood floor. I let a small smile take my face as I hear her grasp the stair's railing. She has definitely been drinking.

"It's past curfew." I mumble, turning my head the best I can to side-glance at her. She was supposed to be home by 12:00 not fucking 2 AM. She stops immediately in her tracks, obviously confused on what I'm doing up so late. Jokes on her, I'm up every night either reading a book or quietly trying to convince Tessa to wake up and fuck me. She sometimes obliges, but mostly just slaps my arm and turns over. I don't really blame her, it's difficult to fuck with the kids here. It's not so much enjoyable either.

I hear Emery begin to move again so I completely twist myself around, careful not to bump Tessa's feet and wake her. I would hate for Tessa to see Emery like this. Her eyes are bloodshot and her face is slightly pale at the fact she has been caught. I mean, I can hardly stand the sight. "Not so fast. Your problems don't magically disappear."