𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Words 2214

EMERY.

"Why the fuck haven't you been returning my calls?" Chris seethes through the phone, he sighs when I don't answer, "are you coming to the party tonight?"

"No, I'm not." I simply reply, and can hear the frustration in his sigh.

"Oh, really? And why are you not?" He sarcastically meets my tone, and I can picture him squinting his eyes with his cheeks flushed with rage. My heart beats quickly.

"Because I said I'm not! I'm busy!" I explain, my voice raising slightly.

"I haven't fucking seen you since Tuesday!" I'm sure there's plenty of girls you can fuck, Chris! I want to say, but Cole is right next to me. Chris continues, "I texted you ten fucking times last night to meet at the park but you didn't fucking show up! I'm getting really tired of you Emery..."

Shit... "Chris—"

he cuts me off, "no, you need to be reminded. Sometimes you forget how badly I can fucking hurt you, Emery!"

"Chris stop! Listen, tomorrow morning, okay?"

"Tonight in my trailer." He persists instantly, his tone calmer.

I sigh, closing my eyes to collect myself, "okay, fine. When I come home, I will meet you." I say, voicing my option. God, I wish Cole could talk me out of this right now, but I don't want to tell him. At least not like this in a fucking car, late to a birthday party. The line goes dead, and I take a deep breath, placing the phone on the dashboard.

"Who was that?" Cole asks innocently, as if he didn't just hear me shout his name.

"No one important." I answer simply, putting the car in drive and driving off the curb onto the road.

Fuck, this is going to be a long day.

◉‿◉

"I know this is awkward." Cole explains, twisting himself around once he's beside the steps to the porch. "Thanks for coming anyways." He gives me a sweet smile.

"It's fine." I mumble, feeling quite nervous. Not only is it because of being social, and how fucking terrible I am at speaking to people, but it's also about Chris. I just fucking hate having to deal with things like this.

Enough thinking about me... who is Lilly? Cole's uncle Trevor mentioned someone named Lilly. I already asked Cole who she was, and he didn't seem to want to talk about it. I know it's fucking selfish of me, but thinking about his problems helps me forget about mine. "Who's Lilly?" I ask kicking the mulch on the concrete porch.

I hear him sigh, and he shifts his weight onto one of his feet. "She's not someone I'm willing to talk about, Emery." He says sternly, and I bite the inside of my lip, staring at my vans.