❦ T H I R T Y - O N E ❦

Corbyn kissed the little girl forehead as he sit her down in a chair on the waiting room.

"You were so brave, did you knew that?" Daisy looked down at her plastered right arm and looked back at her uncle.

"Is daddy on his way?" The brunette sighted.

He knows how scared she was, her mom is still in observation and he called Jonah a few minutes ago, not really explaining to the father what had happened.

"Don't worry, he is coming. Do you want to go see if we can go see your mom?" The small girl agreed, and they went to the reception asking for Nini.

It was told to them that Nini was resting, but they could go see her at the room 42.

Daisy took Corbyn's hand in hers and pulled him through the corridors until she found the two numbers that Nini had taught her.

The small girl let go her uncle's hand and opened the door, running right in direction of her mom's bed, climbing up to it and hugging her really tight.

Nini was so surprised that she had no time to react to her daughter's action, she just hugged her back with tears trying to fall out of her blue eyes.

"Are you okay, mommy?" The youngest blue eyes were filled with worry.

"I'm just fine, but I see that you got something new on you." The young mom was already expecting the broken arm and she felt bad to not be there when her baby girl needed her.

"Yeah, my little niece was really brave." Nini looked at the brunette and smiled, he was also very worried about her. "Is there a reason why they are keeping you here?"

"They told me that they needed to run a few more tests." The blonde woman just wanted to go home and rest in her bed with her baby girl coddling her.

"Look, mommy! Rapunzel was also hurt, but the lady fixed her up too." The doll had a band-aid on the same arm as Daisy's plastered one and she was a bit dirty.

"She is really brave, just like you." But the small girl didn't agreed with her mom.

"She is not! She was crying like a baby. I miss Mr. Muffins, he is really brave... I feel bad that I abandoned him."

The young mom knows that she feels guilty about not playing much with her bear in the last few weeks since she received the doll, but she also knows that Daisy loves that bear since she was a newborn.

"Don't worry, baby. I bet he is missing you very much." The little blonde hide her face on her mom's chest and Nini knew that she was falling asleep.

"She is exhausted." The brunette commented to the young mom and she agreed, nodding her head. "Jonah is on his way, by the way."

At his statement, the tightness came back to her chest, making her confused about the fact that the accident wasn't what was bothering her, but maybe the guilty after all.

A knock on the door made her get out of her thoughts to see Dr. Palmer walking back into her room.

"Oh, I see that we have more company now, miss McBryan. The boyfriend, I presume." She said looking at Corbyn.

"Oh, no. Nini is an amazing and beautiful woman, but my bandmate, which is her boyfriend, would kill me even before I tried to hit on her. I'm just the best friend of the two of them." The brunette joked, receiving from the doctor and his best friend a laugh.

"Well, that way you don't have to worry about what I'm doing to say." The two best friends smiles turned into frowns.

"Is something wrong?" The blond woman on the bed asked putting the fast sleeping girl more close to her with the fear.

"Well, that depends on your opinion. Miss McBryan, you are pregnant."

The young mom was staring at her blankly, with no reaction at the topic.

"That can't be right, doctor." Corbyn told her, after seeing Nini's reaction.

"Mister, I had all the test ran to prove it. So, I'm sure that she is pregnant." The young man was confused, and he was sure that his best friend was too.

"But she was told that she couldn't have kids." A tear fell down her face at listening her best friend's words and the woman looked at her with pity on her look.

"Was that after you had her?" She asked softly referring to Daisy.

Nini looked down at her baby girl and more tears tried to fall down.

"She... She is not my blood daughter. I had a miscarriage when I was 17 over a fall." The young mom tried to choose the right words to talk about her biggest lost. "This girl was my second chance. After the doctors told me that I couldn't be a mom, this little thing appeared in my life a few months later and at first, I felt like I should hate her, but then I knew that she was everything that I needed."

Corbyn walked up to her and took a seat next to her, taking her into his arms.

The doctor smiled softly at the two of them.

"Well, now that I know what happened, I need to run a few more test to be sure that there aren't no risks to your baby, miss McBryan." Nini thanked her and she walked out of the room.

"Nini, you have to tell Jonah the whole story. You know that he needs to know."

The young mom has to tell Jonah all that she told Corbyn three years ago, but now she has to tell her lover about all that she hid from him all these years.

The guilt will go way, finally freeing her from her pain.

Or maybe not...

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

You loved me when I was unstable...

- Love, Violet♡