❦ T H I R T E E N ❦

"Tim, get out of that table! Go to work, you're going to get yourself fired!" Molly, Nini's mom, scolded the man that was sitting at the table that Nini usually sat on.

"Mom..." Nini complained, knowing that her mother was sending the loving man away so she and Daisy could sit down.

"Don't worry, Nini, I was already on my way out." Tim said to the poor girl that he have known since she was a baby.

Tim was Nini's father's best friend.

They met each other in college when they were studying law and later when they finished it, they got a job at the same law firm.

Tim is someone Nini knows will always be there for her.

The young girl watched the man pick up his briefcase full of legal documents and get up from his seat at the booth, but then he remembered if something is opened his briefcase, removing from there a quite heavy, at look, package.

"I've been trying to give you this for a while, but when I usually saw you, I didn't have it with me, so I started walking with it everywhere." He put the package in Nini's hands and from the shape, she could have sworn that what was inside was a book.

Nini looked at him confused and the man just smiled at her.

"It was good to see you, Nini. One of these days we have to catch up." The young woman smiled at him and nodded.

"It was good to see you, too."

Nini watched him leave the pastry shop and looked down as she felt observed by the little girl.

"What is that?" Her little eyes watched the package curiously.

"I'm not sure, but I'll open it later." Daisy pouted and Nini got down and gave her a kiss on the top of her head.

"What do you want to eat?" The older one asked, trying to cheer up the mood.

The younger one's eyes lit up with the question.

"Gramma's chocolate cake!" She exclaimed with her eyes shining.

Nini giggled at the youngest and they sat on the booth face to face.

The young woman put the package in her bag and looked back at the little girl who had a big smile for going to eat cake.

"What can I serve you?" The sound of the familiar voice entered Nini's ears, and she looked surprised at the person.

"Alec?! What are you doing here?" She got up and gave the boy a tight hug.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Reunions...

- Love, Violet♡