❦ T H I R T Y - E I G H T ❦

"Merry Christmas!" The little one yelled will opening the door to her grandparents.

"Merry Christmas, my sweet flower." Carrie said while waking into the house and hugging her granddaughter.

"Merry Christmas, kiddo." Her grandfather ruffed her hair on his way in.

Her little eyes started shining at Nini's mom presence.

"Did you make it?" She asked with so much hope in her eyes.

"Of course, honey. It's in the car with the other things. I promised you, didn't I?" Daisy nodded and hugged her legs.

After letting go the hug, she let her in and closed the door, running in her mom's direction.

"Mommy, they are here!" Nini smiled at her enthusiasm and walked out of the kitchen to greet and hug the visitors.

Soon after Jonah had come down the stairs and did the same as his lover.

After the greets, Daisy took her grandpa's hand, saying that he needed to see her new room, as the two older women went to get the things from the car and the pregnant woman walked back into the kitchen, being followed by her lover.

"Babe, do I really need to wear this sweater?" He whined while scratching his collarbone.

"Jo, it's tradition! You can't just break a tradition like that! What will our daughter think if she sees you without it?"

Wear Christmas pajamas in the Christmas Eve and opened the presents in it in the morning is tradition, as well for their festive Christmas sweaters on the Christmas day, made by Jonah's grandmother every year. When they started to get to teenagers age, she started to make bigger sizes for when they got older.

Seven years ago, the old lady died but they kept the tradition and all their sweaters, and when Daisy born, she started using Nini's smaller sizes and the same will happen with their son.

"You know that Daisy loves this tradition so much and that it's a way to keep your grandmother's memory alive. Why would you break it?" The hormonal woman started to burst into tears, making Jonah wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm sorry I said that and made you upset, my love. It's just that this one inch." He cleaned her tears and gave her a kiss.

"By the way, have you put yourself in a bath of perfume?" She shook her hand in front on her nose to try to get the smell away.

"I'm sorry, babe. I forgot about that." The young father said with a 'sorry' look.

"Go dress a t-shirt over that sweater and come back to help me out." Jonah just obeyed the order, not wanting to upset her again.

The two ladies walk in the kitchen with dishes pre-cooked and desserts.

"How did you manage to cook all this in a hotel room?" Nini asked surprised by the amount of food that was made by the two women.

"We asked the hotel if we could use their kitchen yesterday in exchange of doing the meals for yesterday and today." Her mom told her with a big smile on her face.

"I see you guys have been busy."

"So do you..." Molly mumbled, and her daughter listed, but decided to not bring it up.

"Well, ladies, we have food to cook!" Carrie exclaimed very excited and also saving the moment.

❦ ~°~ ❦

Sitting at the table eating lunch, the family was sharing stories, like every Christmas.

Nini was really anxious about their family reaction about the baby news.

Jonah seeing his lover like that, reached for her hand under the table, squeezing it twice.

The pregnant woman looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"Can we please talk about these two?! Look at them! They are adorable together!" Carrie said, after catching the looks they were exchanging.

"We all knew that they were going to end together. My son just needed to wake up to life." Timothy patted his son's shoulder with a proud smile.

The young father just rolled his eyes at his dad's comment, but he had a small smile on his face.

"Well, Nini and I have something to tell to you three." Daisy got up from her seat at the table with her eyes shining.

"Daddy, let me tell them, please! Pretty please!" The young man looked at his girlfriend and she nodded agreeing, since she was a bit nervous to do it.

"Okay, baby, you can tell them."

The little blonde smiled wide and looked at her three grandparents.

"Guess who is going to be big sister?!"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Older sister love, to protect and take care...

- Love, Violet♡