❦ T H I R T Y - F O U R ❦

As the light of the sun touched her skin, her eyes slowly opened trying to adjust to the light of the room. The heat of the body next to her and the hot breath on her neck made her confuse as well for the arms around her waist.

Slowly she turned to the person next surprised to see her lover.

The blonde smiled softly tracing her fingers through his hair.

He's really the most beautiful man that she have ever saw, even with his imperfections that he tries to cover the best of him.

The curly head is up to everything to make her happy and she knows that, even if he doesn't say it, because he's not that good with words... Well, at least it's not good to tell her how he feels.

The young woman has no idea how scared he used to be when was close to her, scared to say the wrong words, scared to scare her away, scared of he was ever going to be able of tell her how he felt.

Alcohol was he refugee where he wasn't sober enough to feel regret about telling her the things that he felt.

But now everything's changed and he's not able to let her go after knowing what he knows, because he loves her too much for that and all he can do is show her that he will be always here for her even if she doesn't want him.

Jonah slowly opened his eyes with the feeling of her fingers in his hair, happy that her face and her beautiful blue eyes are the first things that he sees in the morning.

"I'm sorry that I run away." She just shook her head and kiss the tip of his nose.

"I should be the one saying sorry... I keep this secret to long from you... I was just scared..." The brunette could see the hesitation in her words, she was afraid of saying something wrong.

"I have to tell you something, but you have to promise me that you will hear it until the end... And I just want you to know that I did it to protect you." A frown appear on her face.

The blonde moved from her lying position and sit down, Jonah is doing the same, facing each other.

The young woman was scared of what he was going to say, but curious to know.

"There's a reason why I don't like O'Brien..." He started after taking a deep breath. "Our high school baseball team used to have a game, very disrespectful game. I never did part of it, but when I heard your name in it, I knew that I had to do something. I couldn't let Alec do what he was proposing to do. Basically, the game was to take girls virginity, each girl was a point." He looked her in the eyes and took her hands in his. "I couldn't let him do it to you. I couldn't let you know about it either... I didn't plan to do it, but it seemed at the time to be the most correct thing to do."

Nini didn't know what to think.

She doesn't regret doing it, she never did, but she can't judging him either, he was just protecting her after all... Just like he always did... Jonah always protected her...

"That's why I never let him near you... You always said that he was a kind guy, but you never knew the real him... O'Brian was going to hurt you and leave you alone." The young man cupped her face in his hands.

"I'm sorry that I let you think that I didn't liked you or that I didn't liked that night." Jonah a bit chuckled a bit, he really loves this woman.

"You are everything I could ever ask for and more... I'm glad that we finally found our way to each other." Nini nodded agreeing with him with a small smile on her face and her watering eyes showing nothing more than love.

❦ ~°~ ❦

"Mommy, what have you been hiding from me?" The smart little girl asked her mommy two weeks after the accident.

"I don't know what you are talking about." The young mom said to her while unpacking the grocery bags.

"Yes, you do. You and daddy are hiding something, and I know it." Nini smiled at the pouting girl.

"Well, I can tell you that you will know very soon." Daisy had such a hopeful face, but the blonde woman couldn't tell her yet about her pregnancy, she wants to past her first trimester before telling her and hopefully also know the genre.

The birthday of the two blondes is coming up and the pregnant woman was counting on it to be the day that she would tell her baby girl.

"What are you, my girls, talking about?" Jonah asked walking into the kitchen to help his lover with the groceries.

"About what are you two hiding from me." The young man looked at Nini unsure about what to say.

"And I told her that she has to wait to know." The brunette smiled at her and kissed her cheek, taking the box of cereal out of her hands.

"It's not fair!" Daisy grumbled hiding her face between her arms.

"Nothing in life is fair... You just have to live with it." The little girl glared at her mom and walked out of the kitchen.

"She looks really mad." The father said and Nini agreed, but it was going to be worth after she tells the little one the news.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Love is...

- Love, Violet♡