❦ T W E N T Y - T W O ❦

"Mommy, look! It's a daisy!"

The little girl ran in direction of the little flower abandoned in the grass close to the lake.

"Be careful!" The mom yelled as she stayed behind.

As the two adults stayed behind, the atmosphere between them began to get uncomfortable without the little one between them.

Carrie was the one that made them leave the house to play outside with the girl that was tired of being at the house.

The youngest of the two put her hands in her jacket pockets, in an attempt to warm them up.

Jonah looked at her, too focus to realize the blush that rose in her cheeks.

"Jo, what are you doing?" She asked softly and with a bit of hesitation.

The young man gulped and got right in front of her, making her look up at his eyes.

"Something that I should have done years ago." The girl was confused at his answer.

Jonah put his hands on her, now very red, cheeks and stroked them with his thumbs, her hands got over his as she felted the need to touch him.

He brought his face close to hers, her breath got stuck in her throat as she felted his on her lips.

"Jo..." The girl whispered unsure if what was happening was really happening.

"I'm here, Nini..." The boy whispered back to her.

Nini was melting at his touch and the eye contact was making her weak.

As theirs noses brushed together, she was sure that the moment was happening.

The girl closed her eyes as she felt his lips brush on hers and so did his as his lips touch hers.

The sweet and gentle kiss finally came, and both depended on it as their lips fit perfectly in each other like two pieces of a puzzle.

His arms found a home on her waist and hers around his neck, both trying to get the other even more close.

Her small fingers found his curly hair and Jonah loved the feeling, as much as he loved the way her small waist fits in his strong arms.

They pulled away a few seconds after and they stared at each other with small smiles in their faces.

Jonah's arms stayed around her waist and Nini's hands fell to his chest.

A little scream of happiness was heard by both of them, and they cut off the eye contact to look at the little girl.

Jonah's phone was in her hand and a picture of them kissing was open in it.

"How did you-?" He asked referring to his phone.

"I'm so happy! I have to show this to grandma! And to everyone else!" The small girl exclaimed excited making Nini coo.

"Yeah, yeah... But first give me that phone so you won't send it to someone that you shouldn't." Daisy pout to her father's statement and give him his phone.

"Now let me please talk with Ni-"

"Mommy!" She exclaimed cutting him off.

"Right... Can I please talk with mommy alone?" Jonah said a bit hesitant in the 'mommy' word.

"Yes, you can, Daddy." The little girl walked away again, in direction of the daisy.

"So..." Jonah said emphasizing in the word looked back at the pink cheeks girl.

"So..." Nini said back without noticing that she was biting her lower lip as a nervous reflect.

"Can I kiss you again?" He asked putting her close.

"You don't have to ask it twice."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Years ago...

- Love, Violet♡