❦ T E N ❦

Nini smiled watching the little one running in direction of the door.

Jonah was taking the last bag of the Uber luggage rack when the doorbell sound got into his ears. He smiled at his daughter actions and closed the luggage rack, making the driver of the Uber drive away in direction of his next customer.

"Daisy?! What are you doing here, my baby?" Jonah's mom asked to the little girl, wrapping her arms around Daisy in a big hug and with a big smile in her face, but she was also concerned to see the girl alone.

"Good to know that I'm missed too." Jonah said sarcastically to his mom and scrolling the three bags through the driveway to his childhood home.

The young woman was trying to reach to her bag, but Jonah wouldn't let her.

"Jonah!" His mom exclaimed wrapping her arms around his neck and putting him close to her. "I missed my baby so much." She kissed his cheek multiple times and the look of annoyance in his face made Nini giggle, what made a smile appear in his face.

"My daughter that is not of my blood!" She exclaimed much more excited than to Jonah that dropped him to put the girl into a hug.

"Hi, momma two." Nini said to her, feeling warm from the hug.

"I'm so happy to see you, my baby girl!" The woman exclaimed.

Just having a son, Nini was always a daughter to Jonah's mother.

Carrie, Jonah's mom, was someone very important at an exact moment of Nini's life.

Her father's death.

The girl was only 9 years old, two months on the way to 10, when the incident happened.

A storm was going through the state of Minnesota and Nini's father, Charles, was returning home from a long day of defending a case that he knew he couldn't win because his client had confessed to him the crime he had committed.

He was driving slowly with fear of losing control of the car with the heavy rain that was falling and wind that was pushing the car into the left lane.

He prayed to be able to see the two loves of his life at least one last time.

But life is cruel.

Charles was crushed by an old tree that was uprooted by the strong winds.

His last thoughts were to his girls, the ones he loved the most in the world and who he wanted to be safe from the storm that killed him.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Chills and tears while writing this...

- Love, Violet♡