❦ S I X T E E N ❦

The two girls were lying down on their stomachs on Nini's bed with their heads turned to the door side.

Nini was reading her dad's diary to the little one.

Daisy wants to know more about her grandfather, he has always been an important figure in her life.

The young woman and Jonah always told stories about their families to the curious little one. Their families have always been very close thanks to the friendship between their parents.

Holidays were and continue to be spent all together.

One of Daisy's favorite stories is when Nini and Jonah, who were five at the time, wanted to spend Christmas Eve on the back of Jonah's house watching the stars and waiting for Santa Claus.

The thing is that the weather is not the same as in Los Angeles, in Minnesota was snowing and it was very cold.

So not to make the two children sad, Charles told them that if they stayed sleeping in the living room with the curtains of the windows open and the warm of the house would be more comfortable to wait for Santa Claus.

At first neither of the two kids was convinced, but when Nini's father mentioned that hot chocolate and homemade cookies were waiting for them, the idea of sleeping outside vanished from their little minds.

The favorite thing about that day to Nini was spending the night at the fireplace, talking to Jonah about random stuff until they fall asleep in each other's arms.

"Mommy, you and Daddy have known each other since the day of your birth, why can't he see that you were born to be with each other?"

Nini smiled at the word, she knows that it's going to take a while for her to get used to it, but she knows that the squish in her heart is never going to stop.

"Maybe that's the reason why your dad doesn't looks at me that way. We know each other to well and maybe he saws me as a sister and not as a girlfriend." She said not wanting to believe her words.

"But you're always saying that you love each other." A pout of confusion appeared on the little girl's face and Nini stroked her right cheek with her thumb.

"But your dad doesn't love me the way I love him." Her heart cracked a little more with her own words.

"Then I'm going to make him love you the way you love him." Daisy said getting up off the bed after a few minutes of silence.

Nini's eyes got wide open by watching the little one run out of the room.

"DAISY! Get back here!" The older exclaimed running after the little one.

"DADDY!" Daisy yelled running down the stairs.

"Daisy, how many times do I have to tell you to not run on the stairs." The young dad scolded her.

"Sorry, daddy, but I have to ask you something." She said with an innocent look in her face.

Nini ran down the stairs and Jonah glared at her, making her eyes got wide and with fear, she walked fast into the kitchen.

The young father looked down at his little girl.

"What do you want to ask me?" He asked and took a seat on the couch.

"In what way do you love mommy?" The little girl asked making the young dad confused and making Nini spit out the water that was in her mouth on the kitchen floor.

"Nini." She said rolling her eyes at her dad's confusion.

"Since when do you call Nini mom?" He asked surprised.

"Answer my question." She said firmly.

Jonah raised his right eyebrow at his daughter's attitude.

"I love her very much. Why are you asking?" But the girl ignored his question.

"On a friend way or on a romantic way?" She asked, making Nini want to go there and take her away by her ear.

"I'm not talking with you about this, Daisy." He got up and walked out by the front door to seat on swing bench on the porch of the house.

"That wasn't a no." The girl said to herself.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

She's adorable...

- Love, Violet♡