Volt - Chapter 51

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uhh... so, Psi... What did you do while I was gone?" I asked, slowly trying to slide away from her.

"Well... I waited a lot for you, wondered why you left, and I thought about you... Why did you leave anyways?" She asked, creeping back towards me.

"Well, I uh..." I awkwardly fumbled my paws, not really wanting to explain what was going on with Frost. My emotions between Frost and Psi were painfully confusing because I loved Frost, but if what Psi was telling me was true, then I was doing something terrible... Everything was so confusing, and I had no clue what to do. "I just... I had to help Frost. Something was wrong with her, and I knew I had to help."

I saw a hint of sadness on her face, but she hid it behind a smile. "Aww, that's... sweet." I could tell the last word was a stretch for her to say. "Well, now that you're back, we can spend lots of time together..." She nuzzled into my side as she said that, sending a chill down my spine as I froze in place. My head hurt, and I didn't know what to believe anymore. My mind said that Psi couldn't be lying, but my heart screamed for Frost. I didn't know what to do anymore.

We didn't sit for long before Frost came running to us, nearly tripping over herself due to how fast she was running. Once she reached us, she jumped next to me, panting as she joined us. "Hi, guys..!" She chirped, continuing to pant.

"Uhh... hey?" Psi muttered, a mix of confusion and annoyance in her voice. "What's up?"

"I- I just wanted to come to see you all. I just uh... I wanted to talk some. Y'know?" Frost replied, finally seeming to calm down a bit.

"Oh... okay. I guess so." Psi still sounded annoyed, so I figured I would just have to make the best of this situation.

"Hey, so, uh..." Think dummy! What's a good thing to talk about?! "Are you happy that we're back?" I randomly asked, just hoping it would land and start some kind of conversation.

"Yes, I'm very happy! I missed you so much!" Psi cried, hugging me. Frost pouted and looked away, clearly not enjoying it at all.

"Yeah... it's good to be home..." She said with little enthusiasm. The conversation was already over, and silence soon crept back, bringing the same awkwardness with it. I really didn't know what else I should say, so we all stayed silent for a long time.

Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided I had to leave the situation. I figured that Frost would come with me, but she stayed with Psi. I figured I would go to town for lack of anything else to do, and soon I was walking on the cobblestone paths that were lined with various shops, restaurants, and other buildings.

I tried to enjoy my time in the town, walking around and seeing different sights around there. As minutes turned into hours, the sky became darker and the lamps that were scattered across the town turned on, casting light upon the dark streets. This is how I remembered the town looking, and I missed the beauty of this place. It felt like I had been gone for a long time, even though I knew I hadn't. I had missed so much, and I just wanted to get my memories back. I decided I would go to the arena because the place held so many memories for me, and as I walked up to it, I noticed a bench in front of the arena. The bench had never seemed special before, but for some reason, it jogged some kind of memory as I looked at it.

I was sitting on the bench and looking at the arena, and I left really tired. Nothing about the memory seemed special at first, but I realized Frost was sitting next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. My face suddenly grew dark red, and I realized this was from before I had lost my memories. Before I had lost my memories, I was still with Frost... I could remember feeling nervous, yet calm at the same time... the same feeling I had felt when Frost and I had... kissed. I felt love.

That one memory being jogged cleared up so much for me, and I realized that I had to do something. I had to know the truth. I ran back to our house as fast as I could, throwing the doors open and going straight to Psi's room. She sat on her bed with a frown on her face, looking very frustrated. I figured it was from the conversation she had with Frost, but I didn't know for sure.

I slowly approached her, and she turned to me as I did. "Hey..." She muttered, her tone reflecting the look on her face. "What's up..?"

I sighed because this wasn't a conversation I wanted to have, but I knew I had to have it. "Psi... you said before I lost my memories, we were best friends, right?"

"Yeah, why..?"

I took a deep breath and stared right into her eyes, tired of the confusion I had been put through. "Psi... is that really the truth? That's the only reason I accepted to be your boyfriend... but everything is so weird now. Psi... I need to know the truth."

She went to give an answer, but she stopped herself before you said anything. Her paws began to quiver, and she tightly shut her eyes. "Volt... I lied to you. I... I'm so sorry. I just... really, really like you and I thought that if I did, maybe... we could be together..."

"Psi... how could you..."

"I... I'm so sorry!" She cried, suddenly bursting into tears and hugging me. "Please forgive me... I just really love you, and..."

"Psi... that's not the way to get me to like you. It's the opposite. I really just can't believe you... you took advantage of me!" I cried, jumping away from her.

"P-please, Volt... I'll try and change... Give me a second chance..." She whimpered, her eyes begging for mercy. I searched my heart, though, and there was no mercy to be found for her.

"Psi... I don't even know you anymore. All I know of you was a lie, so I don't know you at all. I don't love you. I truly trusted you, and I even doubted Cinder because I thought you really were telling the truth. Y-you... you lied to me!" I could feel my own tears coming now, both of us now crying in pain from the situation.

"I-I... I don't know what to say. I'm... I'm so sorry..." She cried, ducking her head in shame.

I shook my head, turning away. "There's nothing left to say, Psi. We're done. I can't believe you."

She whimpered, violently shaking her head. "N-no!" She cried, extending a paw to me. Her eyes began to glow, and I felt my muscles all tense and my body freeze in place. "D-don't leave! I w-won't let you!"

My tears only began to flow harder, and the sensation of pain grew in my body. I couldn't stay like this much longer, because every part of me was screaming in agony. "St-stop! Pl-please! Psi!" I screamed, trying to break free, but to no avail. The door suddenly swung open to Frost, her face in horror.

"Psi, just give up! You're hurting him!" She screamed, running and hugging me. Psi let me go, and I collapsed to the ground in Frost's paws. "What's wrong with you..?!" Frost cried, looking up to Psi. "You... you don't even care about him, do you?! Just face it, your lies are over."

Psi dashed past us and disappeared, leaving us alone together on the floor of her room. "F-Frost... thank you so much..." I muttered, reeling in her paws. I was terrified, having felt completely powerless under Psi's control. Had Frost not come in, I realized that I could've been killed by the pressure on my body. I owed her everything now.

Almost as if she was reading my mind, she shook her head. "You've done the same for me. I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you." She whispered, nuzzling my head. I just tried to focus on her soft fur, because it was all that kept me from thinking about the lingering pain that hurt everywhere.

"Frost... I made such a bad mistake... I... I know the truth now, and... I know who I really love. It's you, Frost. I love you." I whimpered, nuzzling her back.

Her face turned dark red, but her bright smile told me that I had made the right decision. I smiled back, and I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you for everything, Frost..." I murmured, finally easing my restless soul. This whole time, I had constantly been trying to figure out the truth, never realizing that it was right in front of me the whole time. Now that I knew the truth of who I loved, though, I would never stray from it again.