Introduction

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

Hello all, this is Draco six months after this was published speaking. Excuse my sub-par writing in the first few chapters of this story, because I promise it gets much better. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been through a lot. I had lost my family at the age of four. All of my friends had died or ran away, and the ones who stayed were terrified of me. I saved my village at the age of four, and I was looked at as a monster instead of a hero. With only the money left by my parents, I made it on my own for nine years. In that nine years, much happened. Wars came and went. Countries never seemed to agree. Somehow it all seemed endless, the constant and unforgiving attacks seeming to rip the world apart.

Some of the only peaceful places left in the world were the remote islands far off the mainlands. Everywhere else was a battlefield. For that reason, thousands fled to the islands, not knowing that would make them an even easier target to attackers. Blissfully unaware, we all went on about our lives.

As innocent as I was, I had no idea of the road ahead. I tried to hide my strength, keep my head down, and blend in. But no matter how hard I tried, they always found out. I was never accepted. Until that day.

My name is Volt. Volt Kallen. I'm a thirteen year-old Jolteon who has lived alone almost his enitre life. It was an understatement to say it was hard. So many times I wondered if life was even worth living, but something kept me going. I wish I knew what that something was.

But deep down inside, I think I do know. I always knew somewhere out there, there was a group for me. I could find a best friend, maybe a girlfriend, or even a new family. I just had to find them. So I searched. And searched. And searched. But I had no idea where that journey would lead.