Ribbon - Chapter 71

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and sighed as I realized it was probably just another boring day ahead. It had been days since Cinder's episode, and he now kept himself locked away in his room. I tried not to think about what he was going through. Frost sat at the end of my bed, staring off into space, as she'd been doing recently. I hadn't even seen Volt since it happened. It really seemed to be affecting all of them pretty badly.

"I keep getting this dream..." She muttered. "I keep seeing this view of the moon from the rooftop. It's so pretty, I admit, but... all I keep begging for is some way to help discover my real powers. Volt can't really call his powers on his own, and Cinder can't fully control his, but I... I hardly even have mine. I can do some cool healing and stuff with dreams I guess? I feel so useless right now."

"I don't know what to tell you, Frost... All of you seem so down. I don't have any of your crazy powers, so I have no clue what's it like, but you all need to figure out something. I don't think they intended for you all to be cooped away struggling on your own when they gave you those powers."

"I know, I know... I should find a way to do something. Just all these expectations, it's all just so... soul-crushing. I've read so many books about awesome heroes who will face anything to accomplish their goal without hesitation... but that's not me. I'm not some hero, I'm just a teenage girl who's being held up to those standards. I almost... don't feel like me. I just don't know what to do, how to move forward, it's all just so monumental."

"I know you're upset, but dwelling on pain won't make it any better, only more consuming. If you're gonna stand any chance, you need to get over your fear. It's not fun, but it's what you have to do. I don't think it's your choice. You have the abilities for a reason, so get out and use them." I tried to stay as firm as possible, wanting to make her realize that she had no choice but to change her ways. I could tell this kind of large responsibility was not her thing, but as a friend, I knew I could only push her so far until she overcame it herself.

She stretched out on the bed, now gluing her eyes to the window. "Yeah... I guess. Volt's already finding his own path. I'll only get in his way if I try to do anything with him. I could talk to Cinder, but honestly... I don't think I know him well enough."

I sighed and nodded. "I'll talk to him this once. After this, though, I'm leaving it to you. You need to learn him... just not too well." I snickered at the last part, though I hardly got a reaction from her.

"Yeah, right... like I'd ever do that to Volt. Just please talk to him. I know you're in a joking mood, but I'm losing my cool because of this." Frost seemed far more tense than normal. They had all seemed so happy before, but now their limits were being stretched far further than natural. After all, they'd waited far too long now.

I stepped out the door and walked to Cinder's room, softly knocking on his door. "Hey, Cinder... it's me. Please let me in..."

No response.

"Cinder, I'm done with letting you just lock yourself away in there. Let me in." There was a long pause, then the door cracked open. I cracked a soft smile. "Yes, thank you Arceus..."

I took a step in and got my first look at him. He looked horrible. He'd clearly been missing out on sleep and his fur was messy from not brushing it. He slowly looked up to me with sad, empty eyes. "Yeah, I'm not great, huh..?"

"You aren't. You're horrible."

"Thanks for the support..."

"Cinder! Oh my Arceus, wake up! You don't even have to tell me what you're doing in here. You're sitting there and worrying about how you're gonna hurt someone on accident. All you want to do is sit here and worry!" I nearly screamed, not realizing how loud my voice was getting.