Volt - Chapter 44

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the Leafeon, who seemed completely shocked at the current situation. "W-what in the world happened..?" She asked, rubbing her head. Zygarde and me approached them, both of us curiously glancing at her. Surprising, I found myself chuckling a bit at how funny Zygarde looked when he was curious.

"You should take her back to your home." He explained to Frost, getting a nod from her. "Volt, come with me. We need to talk." Frost left fairly quickly with the Leafeon, leaving the two of us. I wanted to go back and help Frost sort things out with Moss, but I knew Zygarde wasn't one to budge with these kinds of things.

"So, what's up?" I asked, walking out of the cover to look at the damage that had been dealt to the town.

"What's gotten into you? You've been acting rather soft lately, and honestly a bit of a pushover. Are you really choosing that girl over this?" He questioned, his raspy voice sounding pretty eerie, even though he didn't mean for it to be.

I sighed, not really knowing how to respond. In my mind I still wanted to fight for a living, and to accomplish my dreams, and to help Zygarde, just to chase all the glory and fame, but... for once in my life, my heart was choosing a different path. One where I would stay with Frost, one without the fame or glory, but instead... happiness. Maybe I wouldn't be remembered as some crazy strong hero, but what if that was for the best? Overall, there was only one answer that I could even dare to speak. "Yeah, I think I am."

"You're selling yourself short, kid. You're a warrior. Don't let a girl drag you down from your destiny, especially one as important as this."

I shook my head, having to disagree. "Zygarde, I can help you with this if I really have to, but I just can't leave her. I've been an idiot not to see how much I loved her for so, so long now, and I've hurt her so much over that time. The truth is, I can't just go around living for myself any longer. That was what kid me did, and I'm pretty much an adult now. I've handled myself for years without trouble, but honestly... I'm tired of doing everything alone. Frost is a chance for me to change that, and make both of us happy. All I know is that it would be for the best, and nothing you say can change that."

"That's really disappointing, kid. I expected a lot more than that from you." He serpent deadpanned, sighing as we looked at the many crushed buildings, while also having to watch everywhere we walked, or slithered in his case, for glass shards.

"Zygarde, I guess you just don't understand how love works. Maybe as a godly being as yourself you just don't know how it feels to want... a partner. I can rely on Frost, and knowing that after all the uncertainty I've been through means so, so much. It just makes me want everything to go back to normal, just so we can be together, and I'll never have to worry about screwing up and losing her ever again. Once I have her, I'm not going to let myself be an idiot again.

If she leaves me, Zygarde, or if I were to give up on her, do you know how much that would hurt? I don't know how I would carry on. Realizing you love someone after not loving in nearly eleven years hits hard, and I know that's a feeling I can't give up on. I don't know if that's how she feels, but I sure do hope so."

The legendary gave a grim nod, seeming to give up. "If that truly is your choice, then I cannot change it. I do request that you consider my side, though. I hate to say this, but I could use someone like you."

His words surprised me, as I had never known Zygarde to even particularly care about me. "Maybe if things don't work out the way I want them to, but... I want to give Frost a shot, even if it means leaving this life behind. It may be greedy, but it just feels so... right."