Frost - Chapter 27

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Volt, please find some way to respond again... I know you're in there, I heard you... I internally pleaded, hoping he would hear me. When he had grabbed my paw back in the hallway, I heard him whimper one word so quiet I could barely hear him. 'Help'.

I ran inside to his door, knowing this wasn't a good idea, but my heart couldn't take seeing him how he was right now. I knocked on the door for a long time, before Psi came to see what the commotion was. I got her to unlock his door with her powers for me, and I ran in and hugged him. I could hear Cinder running from behind to stop me, but I made sure Psi wouldn't let him near.

"F-Frost, get away from him! You don't know what he might do!" He cried, Psi holding him in place with her powers.

I ignored him, still hugging Volt's trembling form. Volt lifted a paw, making me flinch and prepare for an attack, but instead he returned the hug. I looked in disbelief as he turned to face me, dimness still filling his eyes. Somewhere in there, though, I could still see some light, the remnants of his old self fighting to return. He still had a bit of control over himself, albeit not much.

"Volt, please come back to me... I want the real you again!" I cried, a tear dripping down my cheek.

He said nothing, but stood up. I stood up with him, but he suddenly swiped at my face. I didn't have time to react, but Psi was able to stop his attack and hold him in place just in time.

"What's wrong with him?!" She cried, but I couldn't answer then. I got away from him and dashed out, my breathing shaky from fear. Psi locked and slammed the door behind us, returning Volt to his silent, lonely room.

"Frost, what were you thinking?!" Cinder cried, staring at me in disbelief.

"I-I thought I could h-help him..."

"Frost, I know this isn't easy for you, but he could've killed you in there! You need to be more careful!"

"Okay..." I still couldn't believe all of this was happening, and that Volt actually wanted all of us dead. No, he didn't, Necrozma did. I had to remember that, no matter what. Once we got him out of his trance, it would be just like before. We could train, play in the fields, and maybe... maybe I could find a way to be with him. If things between him and Psi didn't work out, maybe I would have a chance. Maybe we could be together...

I was snapped out of my trance by Cinder, who was poking my shoulder. "Frost..? What's wrong?"

I jumped in fear, not sure what was going on since I had zoned out. I realized it was just Cinder, then relaxed a bit. "O-oh, nothing! Don't worry!"

"I have something I need to work on, just to get this off my head for a bit. Mind if I'm gone for a while?"

"Nah, I think I'll be fine. I think..." The harsh reality hit me, I needed someone around for me right now. I sighed, not wanting to keep him from his work. Psi was still there, but I couldn't muster up the courage to talk to her after everything that was going on right now. I walked away from them, not saying a word. As I did, though, I realized Hydro was walking around. Maybe he would be there for me..?

I approached him and walked by his side, though he gave me a strange look. We didn't exchange words for a while, until he finally broke. "Frost, you're never around me by choice. What's wrong?" His voice was still plain and monotone, but better than nothing.

"Volt's in trouble, and I think I'm the only one who can help him right now. I'm scared, though, and I don't know what to do... I just want to be around you right now, okay?"