Frost - Chapter 28

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on my bed reading every book I could find about legendary pokemon, conversing with Zygarde. I had grown to like him a bit more, since we weren't always fighting anymore. "Everyone of these dumb books say the same thing... It's a tree, I get it already! I just want to find it, not find out what it looks like!" I cried, slamming a book down on my bed. "Ugh, this is useless!"

"You've overcomplicated this situation. Think about it, the answer may be much more simple than what you've come to expect."

"What'd you mean, how can this be any more simple? I have to- wait, wait..."

"I think you're starting to understand."

"It's a tree, right? When I was with Volt that one day, he took me to that little cave, and there was that wierd tree... That's it!" I jumped up, already halfway out the door. "I'll be back, I need to figure this out!" I dashed out the door, running past everyone, not stopping for anything. I ran out the door, through the fields to our little hang out area. The tree still stood tall in the middle of the room, and a serene, peaceful aura seemed to fill the air. I approached the tree, wondering how I could wake Xerneas from her slumber.

Hello? Xerneas, is that you? I thought, circling the tree. No response. Xerneas, please! I need you right now! Still nothing. Sighing, I stepped away and walked towards the exit of the cave. I could've sworn this was her...

Child? Is that you?

"Xerneas!" I cried, running to hug the tree. "I knew it was you!"

Child, I need your help. I've been trying to respond to you since the beginning, but Necrozma's power has held me back. He bestowed a curse upon me, and my body is now forced to take this form. Please, child, I need you to help me. If you can help me escape these bonds, I will help you with your problems.

"Problems? The only problem I have is what Volt's going through, what else are you talking about?"

The other two, Moss and Moon. They are in the same trance-like state as him, though theirs is much more severe. With your help, though, I can save all of them.

"Wait, so they're supposed to be part of our group as well?"

Indeed. See, Zygarde has misled you. While Volt does have some of Zygarde's genes in his DNA, you are a bit different.

"Huh? How so?" I now continued to circle the tree, amazed the thing I had been searching for was so close.

Your DNA contains my genes. You are a healer, and once I am freed from my bonds, I will be able to teach you to cure others of their curses without my help.

"Are you serious? That's amazing- wait, does that mean I can't fight like they can?"

Not at all, in fact the exact opposite. You will be a powerful fighter, much stronger than any normal pokemon. Those boys, though, have a deadly power within. It will take them a long time to master it, though, while it shouldn't take more than a few days for you to master yours. Once you do, though, you'll be much stronger than before.

"Wow, this... honestly sounds too good to be true. Wait, Cinder have something like that, too?"

Indeed. Cinder's DNA contains the genes  of Yveltal. Cinder has yet to even meet his spirit, though, so it will likely take a long time for him to awaken his true strength.