Frost - Chapter 37

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished having a nice conversation with Ribbon, and I decided I would go see how Volt was doing. I knew all of this was easy for him, but he was getting through it pretty well in my opinion. I went to the living room to see if he was there, but all I could do was freeze in fear. I stared at Psi lying with Volt, the two of them hugging each other.

N-no... Th-they c-can't be... I-I'm just... j-just... I-I gave up... t-too early... My paws quaked, and I felt myself nearly topple over. I g-gave up m-my only chance... I-I'll never get t-that back... I tried to hold back my tears, but it was impossible. I ran back to my room before they could see me, where I collapsed on the floor in tears. Volt was gone, and it was all because I hadn't been strong enough to tell him, or at least get Psi to back off. I covered my eyes with my paws, just wanting to block out the rest of the world, wake up from this nightmare, and be able to have another chance with him.

I stayed in my room for hours, though I had cried so much that I couldn't anymore even if I tried. I stared out the window for a while, trying to figure out what I was supposed to do next. I couldn't face neither Volt nor Psi anymore, so I was left with Ribbon and Cinder, because I couldn't stand even the idea of hanging around Hydro. I sighed and left, walking outside and climbing a hill near our home. I sat on top of it, watching the stars on my own, no one else to talk to.

I can't stay here... Every single day I'll have to see him with her, knowing exactly what I had missed out on because I was too much of a coward. I sat up but continued to stargaze, for a lack of anything else to do. Soon I found that no matter how many stars I stared at, the image of those two together just wouldn't leave my mind, though. I knew I had to get out of here, and I had to do it now.

On all four paws now, I stood up and walked back home. It was now nearing midnight, so I knew just about everyone if not all of them would be asleep. I grabbed a few essential things, stuffed them all in a backpack, then turned to see my scarf and a picture of all of us sitting together. Staring at the two items, I could only do one thing: leave them behind. I walked out the door with the backpack, walking towards the port. I knew no ferries would be leaving anytime this late at night, so I lie down on a bench there, using my backpack as a pillow.

It was nearly impossible to get to sleep, but after a long time of being alone in the silence, I finally did. My eyes fluttered open to a strange voice, and once my vision focused back in from my deep sleep, I realized it was a Kecleon.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but loitering here is not allowed. I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You'll scare away all the good, working pokemon." He explained, pointing away.

"O-oh, I'm sorry!" I cried, jumping up. I didn't like his attitude, but I just wanted to leave this dumb island behind, so I had to ignore it. "I-I just want a ferry ticket, and I got here a bit early, so... I kinda just dozed off. Please forgive me!"

He gave me a strange glance, before giving in. "Fine, I suppose money is money. You do have that, right?" I gave a quick nod, getting a grunt from him in return. "Okay then, follow me." He led me to a building with 'Tickets' in large letters on the top, where he instructed me to wait outside. Soon, he appeared on the inside, looking out at me. "Destination?"

"Malkar Island, please."

"Full name?"

"Frost Rolan."

"Good, good. That'll be 100 Poké." He motioned for the money, his hand still resting on my ticket. I slid the coins to him, getting a satisfied, greedy grin in return.