Psi - Chapter 22

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Volt and me had just left our house, walking down the road to the nearby town. "Wow, it's really pretty out today." I noticed, looking at him. He nodded, but didn't respond. "What did you want to do today?"

"Well, uh... You asked me to come with you, so I was guessing you had something in mind. I figure Frost and Ribbon showed you around yesterday, right?"

"Yeah, they did, but I wouldn't mind you showing me around..." I whimpered, making him laugh a bit.

"If you really want me to, I can, but I feel like we could do something better than that..." He suggested, so I agreed. "So, do you really want me to show you around?"

"I guess not. What's something you normally do around here? I'll do whatever you want."

"I usually just go to the arena and fight, but would you even be interested in it? To be honest, I really don't feel like fighting today."

"Oh, okay. I wouldn't really want to fight or watch fighting, anyways. We could just shop or something, y'know?" I suggested, looking at him.

"Shopping? That's not really my thing..." He said with a sigh, turning to face home again. "We didn't even tell them where we were going. Shouldn't we do that?"

"No, don't worry about it. Now, please? I need more things for my room, so can you just do it for me?" I asked, getting a sad nod in response. "Yay, thank you!" I cried, hugging him.

"Yeah, no problem..." He replied, pushing me away a bit. I pouted, looking foward again. We didn't talk for a long time after, and it was extremely uncomfortable. I wanted to get close to Volt, but I couldn't as long as it was like this between us. Volt seemed to not be enjoying the walk, staring at the ground the whole time.

"Volt, what'd you wanna talk about?" I asked, getting his attention again.

"Hmm, um... What did you do before you came here?" He asked, looking at me again.

"Well, it was mostly just hanging around Frost or doing things alone. It got really boring, but it's better now that I have others like you around!" I chirped. He smiled, and so did I. It felt nice to be around him, especially  when we were both happy. "Well, what about you?"

"For me it was just hanging around Cinder. He's been a huge part of my life for the past few years, and he'll always be my best friend. Is Frost like that to you?"

"Mhm, she is. I don't think I could ever stay mad at her, no matter what. She took me in when I was pretty much an orphan, and her and her family took care of me. She's like a sister to me in that way, I suppose."

"Wow, that was really nice of her. You don't have to talk about this if you don't want, but you were an orphan?" He asked, making me flinch a bit. I didn't really prefer talking about it, but I decided I would for him.

"Well, my parents never really cared about me. I eventually decided I would leave, and they of course didn't care. I ran as far as I could, until Frost found me. She brought me to her house, where her family raised me. I love her parents more than mine, to be honest. It's a crazy life..." I explained, sighing.

"Wow, I can't believe that. At least you got a nice home, though." He added, and I nodded. "Y'know, you and I aren't really different there. I've lived alone for a long time, too. My parents died when I was a kid."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well, we understand each other then, right?" I asked, getting a smile and nod from him.

"Yeah, we do. Come on, let's go, okay?" He suggested, and I agreed. We ran into town and looked around for a while, both of us happy to have each other around. I shopped for a while, though he just followed me around. I could tell he was getting bored after a while, so we stopped and walked around together for a while, talking the whole time.