Volt - Chapter 43

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The sounds got louder and louder as we ran, telling me we were getting close. Once we reached the edge of the tree line, both of us slowly looked out to see what the commotion was, and were stunned by what we saw. In the town square stood Moon and Moss, who we hadn't seen in quite a while, and they were using multiple strange, alien-like creatures to attack buildings. Frost pointed out the same clown-like creature from before, but all the others were new to us.

We noticed one creature that seemed to be made completely of paper, but its arms looked razor sharp and extremely dangerous. Its body was mostly white, but with some orange mostly around its head, along with golden shoulder pad-like things. It floated above the ground, and it though it seemed like pure paper, its blades reflected the light of streetlamps, revealing they were made of deadly steel.

Next was a purple lizard creature, though it had a gigantic needle for a tail, one that I wouldn't want to be stung by. It had razor sharp claws, and a face that looked terrifying. It flew on large wings, and every part of its body was covered in painfully large spikes. It looked like the only way we could attack it would be from a distance, because at close range we would've been stung for sure.

The last one we saw was a giant, fortress-like beast, one that stood tall above all the others. Each brick in its body seemed sentient, though, and each moved on their own free will. They worked together to form the creature we stared at, though, but we could only hope that they couldn't see very well.

The paper blade and the purple dragon went around slashing or piercing through windows, while the fortress beast stomped entire buildings into the ground in a few steps. I turned to Frost, who was watching with tears in her eyes as her childhood home was destroyed in front of her eyes. I knew I couldn't sit by and let this happen, but going out there would be far too dangerous. I had to think of something to do, and I had to think of it fast.

Things only worsened when I saw Moon drag an innocent Ampharos out of a store, throwing him to the ground. "Tell me now, where are they?!" He screamed, delivering a swift punch to his face after he gave no answer.

"I-I don't know! I have no clue who y-you're talking about!" He cried, desperately fighting to escape the dark type's grasp, but to no avail.

"The Glaceon and the Jolteon. I know they were here earlier today, and you're going to tell me where they went!" The anger in the Umbreon's eyes was enough to scare me alone, even without the scene in front of me. Frost began to step out of our cover, but I held her back. Before we made any move, we needed a plan that wouldn't get either of us killed.

I knew we had little time before that poor Ampharos would have to pay the price, so I had to come up with something a bit risky. Extremely risky, rather, but it was our only hope at saving the innocent pokemon that would surely be injured or even killed if we didn't act quickly. I whistled extremely quietly, enough to only get the attention of Moon. I pushed Frost far behind me, wanted to fight him alone if I could. The rustling we made put us even more so at risk, but we had to do this.

The Umbreon slowly stepped into the thicket, using his nocturnal vision to search for us. Before he could get very far, I was able to tackle and successfully pin him, which left him at a huge disadvantage. I slashed at his face, but he somehow pulled a paw away from my grasp to block, then counter with his own swipe. I was able to narrowly avoid the attack, but he had been freed in my retreat, leaving us on an even playing field, something I didn't like.