Volt - Chapter 60

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Volt..?" I heard, the words gently waking me from my slumber. "You awake..?"

"Y-yeah..." I muttered, opening my eyes to the harsh sunlight that came bursting through the windows. I couldn't help but be reminded of my past, though, waking up like this every morning and dashing down the halls to see my family. My family. Maybe I would be able to do that again soon. Just maybe.

"Uh... sorry about doing that last night. I just didn't want to leave..." Frost said with a slight giggle, making me smile. Even if things went horribly, and I never would get to see them again, I would always have things like this, right? As long as I still had this, still had her, things would get better, right? Even if I couldn't find them, I'd still be okay, right?

Or maybe I was just lying to myself.

"It's fine..." I sleepily mumbled, slowly getting up from my deep sleep. "So, ready for today? Do we have everything prepared?"

"Yup!" She cheerfully replied, running to the door. "I'll give you a minute to wake up, then we should probably get ready to leave soon!"

"Okay, see you soon..." I replied, yawning as I stood up. The more I thought about it, the more I realized just how much I had to do before this could ever truly be over. I still had to try and find my family, get my memories back, stop Necrozma, and do whatever the heck else Zygarde wanted me to do... There was still a lot keeping me from being done. It was terrifying to think about how much was expected of me, but I knew there was no room for failure. I would find a way.

After taking a few minutes I stumbled out to the kitchen where Frost sat preparing the last few things before we left. "So, I think this will be plenty for us. I packed plenty of food and snacks, some blankets, water... and I think that should be it. That sound good to you?"

"Yeah, I can't think of anything else we would need..." I mumbled, running through all of the options in my head. I didn't think it would end up being too long of a trip, so we should be fine with what we had since it would last for a while.

"Okay, well we should be ready to go then!" She cheerfully chirped, smiling at me. "You really aren't awake yet, are you? I figured you'd be much more excited than this!"

I shook my head, turning to look out the window. "No, I've just got a lot on my mind. Between last night, this, and everything else... I'm just overclocked. I'll try my best to keep up with you, though." She seemed to understand, though she didn't press any further. We agreed to go get breakfast before we left, and after quickly picking up a couple of fruits and quickly eating them we were finally ready to go.

Frost looked over the map, eventually finding a path that seemed like it would be a good choice. "I think this would be the way?" She questioningly suggested, motioning towards a path that led out of the town and into a nearby forest. "I don't really know a lot of places in this area past here, so we'll just have to see where this takes us. Sound good to you?"

I nodded, starting towards the dirt road. "Yeah, I suppose I don't know a lot here either. Hopefully we don't end up too lost, though." I joked, though I seriously hoped we didn't. It was much hotter this time, though, and we ended up having to take frequent breaks to keep from overheating. While the relaxing was fun, I was anxious the whole time to know if we would actually be able to find them. I kept wondering what we would do and how they would react, but I just couldn't know anything until we actually found them.