Frost - Chapter 29

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in place, stunned. Volt, was that you?!

Y-yeah, it was...

When did you learn to do this? I-I don't even care, I'm so glad I can finally talk to you! I-I'm so happy! Are you okay?

No, Frost... It's terrible... I've been stuck watching myself try to kill you all for the past month without being able to do anything! Does that sound like okay to you?!

I jumped at him yelling at me, something he never did. This was messing with him mentally, and I couldn't say I was suprised. I-I'm sorry...

N-No, I am. I shouldn't have gotten upset. Just... everything hurts. My body feels like I'm constantly being stabbed, and it's completely unresponsive to anything I try to do. It lets me do things sometimes, but never long enough for me to do anything meaningful. It's terrible, Frost...

Look, I'm gonna get you out of there. I have a plan. I found Xerneas, y'know.

Really?! Frost, that's amazing!

Guess what else? I have her power just like you do Zygarde's!

Frost, that really is awesome! I... I wish I could be there with you right now...

Volt, don't worry. I'll have you out of there in no time, okay?

Yeah, okay. I can't wait to see you again...

I blushed at him saying- err, thinking that. Yeah, neither can I.

Oh no, he's coming again! F-Frost, I need to go, f-fast. I'll s-see you soon, hopefully. Please, stay safe...

Wait, who's coming?! Volt, I'll try and help! I'll do something, please! No response. Please! Still, nothing. I ran to his window, looking through the barricaded window. The room looked empty, though, and I saw no movement whatsoever. I looked all around, but saw nothing. Suddenly, a paw smashed through the glass window, claws aimed at my neck. I was able to jumped back just in time, getting a view of his paw, which was covered in blood from smashing through the window.

His face came into view, and I flinched just at the sight of it. His eyes still had the dim look in them, but I could see something else in them: terror. He knew exactly what he was doing, but he just couldn't stop himself. His mane was matted with saliva and blood, and his head from covered in bruises from banging it against things. His claws were covered in blood, and that blood could've only come from himself. I couldn't stand seeing him like this anymore; it was just to difficult. I had to do this, and I had to do it now.

I couldn't stand seeing that look in his eyes, and I was going to change that. His eyes pleaded for me to help him, and I knew I had to. I walked away from the window, going to Ribbon's room. I needed to know what she would say if Cinder asked her to be his girlfriend, and if she would say no, I needed to convince her otherwise. She was talking to Psi, though both of them quieted down when I entered. My relationship with Psi had seemed to crumble since our incident, but I really didn't have time to deal with that now.

"Hey, uh, Ribbon? Can we talk? It's ugrent." Her and Psi exchanged looks, then she nodded at me. Psi left the room, leaving us awkwardly staring at each other. "I-I know we haven't talked in a long time, I've just been going through a lot... I-I'm really sorry!" I ran and hugged her, which she returned with no hesitation.