Volt - Chapter 1

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out of my straw cottage. I looked around, but saw nothing of importance. Pokemon walking about, small homes much like mine, and the bright blue ocean greeted me every morning. I stepped back inside and looked around. 

The shabby home's walls were falling apart, and even though they were made of straw, it was still pretty sad. There were no decorations, as there was no room left. The house, if you could even call it that, was only around four feet by six feet wide, but enough space for my bed, and nothing more, though even my bed was only straw. I though of just how easy it would be to move on, to continue my search. But really, should I?

I'd done it plenty of times before, sure, but I was getting tired of leaving everything behind just to go and construct another hut. But life here was just so... bland. "One. Just one last time. After this, I'm done." I sighed.

So, like every other time I moved, I packed my belongings (basically nothing), and headed to the port. There, I looked at a map for places I hadn't gone. One island stood out to me, one called Orkrum. I decided it was where I would go, though I could only hope that was the right decision.

I boarded a boat heading there, and I soon waved my old life goodbye. I waited for what seemed like ages. until finally the boat arrived. I stepped onto the ground and looked about. The island seemed pretty nice. A large, seemingly endless field seemed to cover the island, with green trees dotted throughout. In the center of the island lay a small town, and far away on top of a hill sat a large mansion. I ran to a spot that looked good for building a house, then I got to work, grabbing sticks and leaves I could use to build. I looked around at the other homes, most of them made of brick, while mine was made of dirt, sticks, and leaves. Now that's a high-quality home. I ate some berries I found growing on nearby bushes, then finished the house for the rest of the day. It wasn't great, but it was home now.

The sun began to set, so I went inside. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep, but I just couldn't. One throught ran through my mind again and again. This island. Orkrum. It was the one. I could feel it.