Volt - Chapter 55

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I jolted awake, seemingly on my feet the second I woke up. I didn't know what had hit me, but those last words had been an adrenaline spike in my blood. Was he really being serious? Were they really still alive? I needed to find out, and I needed to as soon as I could. I quickly ran to Frost, who had gotten up a lot slower than I had. "W-what do you think he meant?!" I cried, scaring her some as she had just woken up.

"What do you think he meant?" She replied, not looking too surprised. "They're alive, dummy! What else could that mean?"

I paused, shaking my head. "N-no, you're right. B-but... how? I swear I looked everywhere I thought they could've been... I just don't know how..."

She quickly shushed me, seemed extremely annoyed by me muttering about it. "Look, are you going to go out there and figure this out or not? You seriously just learned that some of your family is alive and all you're doing is questioning it. If you want to know, figure it out for yourself!"

I shook my head once again, having to give in yet again. "Why're you always right?" I chuckled, though she didn't. "Okay, fine. I'll go." She nodded in approval, then made me return to my own room. I figured my best plan of action would be to return to my hometown and ask some questions around there, but I didn't think that much would come from it. I looked through the stacks of paper I had stored away, eventually finding a small map of the island. I quickly stuffed it in a small bag along with some money and readied myself to leave, though I was disappointed about having to leave only days after I had come home, but Frost was right. I needed to do this.

I dashed out of my room and hastily threw the bag on myself, knowing that it would be a long trip there. I had to explain to everyone then board a ferry to the island as soon as possible, but I knew finding everyone would just be a pain, so I quickly tracked Cinder down and told him.

"Hey, so... I'm leaving for a while again," I explained, getting a confused look from him in return. "Look, I know it doesn't make a lot of sense right now, but I have some things I need to do. Hopefully, I'll have something to show for it when I get back so that I can explain this a bit more."

He gave a quick shrug, starting to turn away. "Well, I guess I can't stop you. Just... come back soon. I really want to have the old Volt back." I agreed, and mentally promised I would get my memories back as soon as I possibly could after I got back. I decided to tell Frost I was leaving, too, but I figured she would've been expecting that anyways. When I opened the door to her room, I realized she wasn't there anymore. I also noticed books thrown to the ground sloppily against the walls, which was strange for Frost. I just decided to worry about it later, though, because I had to handle this now, and we could use telepathy anytime.

I dashed outside and headed straight to the port, where I was able to buy a ticket for a ferry that would be leaving fairly soon. I found myself strolling around as I waited for it to leave, as I had no clue of what else I could've done. I watched the waves roll in from the ocean for a while, and the thought of me seeing my family again kept coming back to me. If it were to really happen, so much would change... I wouldn't be alone anymore, and I could finally grow to live with what had happened... It would be so amazing...

My thoughts were interrupted when I was lightly tackled, and when I jumped back up I found myself facing the familiar Glaceon. "You're just the worst about telling us when you're leaving." She joked, playfully punching me.

I nervously chuckled, lightly nodding. "Yeah, sorry... I just want to do this now, though."

"Wow, what a change. Worrying to wanting to take action as soon as possible. My ideas really grow on you, huh?"

"Don't flatter yourself." I joked, making her smile. "So, what're you doing here?"

"Well, duh, I'm not letting you do this alone. You aren't exactly a genius sometimes, so I figured you need someone with you to make sure you don't do anything stupid." She explained, holding up a ticket she'd already bought.

"Well, not really giving me many options now. I guess you can come along, but it's not going to be anything exciting."

"I'm not coming along because it's going to be exciting, I'm coming along because I don't want you to do this alone. Now com'n, I think the ferry is almost ready to leave!" She chirped, dashing off towards the docks. I followed behind closely, though my mind whirled with thoughts of what meeting my family again would be like. Would they accept me? Would they even believe that it was me? I wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to stop until I found out.

We stepped onto the ferry slowly together, and soon the vessel left the port and departed onto the vast blue seas. The calm waves brushed across the hull, slightly rocking the boat as we both enjoyed the view of the ocean ahead of us. "Y'know, it's calming stuff like this that makes me forget how much danger we're always in." Frost casually stated, making me chuckle a little.

"You say that like it's the most normal thing you're ever said," I commented, making her chuckle a bit as well.

"I just suppose we might as well get used to it because I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon until we end this."

We really do have to end this... We'll never be safe until we do...

"You're right." She suddenly replied, making me slightly jump in surprise.

"Jeez, give me some kind of warning when you do that!" I cried, making her chuckle. "I'm never going to get used to that."

"The old you was. Things will be a lot different once you get your memories back. Hopefully... better. This probably sounds a little mean, but sometimes I really miss the old you. It's just hard to believe that so much of the fun we had together is gone..."

"No, I miss my memories, too. It just feels like there's a giant gap left in my life that needs to be filled. I just really hope that it actually is possible for me to get them back, because if they can't be gotten back, then what's the point of any of this?"

"Well, new memories can always be made, but it just wouldn't be the same. I want you to remember everything, and getting those memories back is the only way. Even though we're here looking for your family, I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least plan for our strategy to get your memories back. I think we should discuss with Xerneas more, but we know we'll have to handle that fake you somewhere in the mix to get your memories back. If we can get help from Moss and Moon, though, that should be a lot easier. Moss is already taken care of, so that just leaves Moon. That doesn't sound too difficult, right?" She recapped, making me shake my head.

"I mean, you make it sound really easy. Will it be, though? Moon is already elusive, and actually curing him like before won't be easy. Plus, now we've seen what he can really do. I don't think this is going to be easy at all."

"Well, that ruined the mood..." She pouted, turning away. "If we're ever going to do this, we have to at least have hope that it's possible. Sure, it may not be easy, but we'll never stay motivated if we focus on that." She returned, looking back to see my reaction.

"I guess. I'm just being realistic, though."

"Well, there's plenty of time to be realistic when we're dead. We've got a lot to fight for right now, though, and I'm not giving up yet."

I smiled, nodding. "I agree. Let's not give up yet together, then." She smiled and nodded back, turning back to the sea. I did the same, and I quietly imagined having all of my memories back and sitting with my brother, mom, and Frost all together. It made me feel incredibly happy, but the daydream only lasted for a short while before Frost snapped me out of it.

"Hey, what're you thinking about?" She asked, lightly tapping my shoulder. I quickly shook my head, breaking myself out of it.

"Oh, just some random stuff. Nothing too much." I returned, turning to her.

"Mhm, sure." She joked, looking back at the ocean again. "I can't wait until we can all be happy together and have a peaceful life. That'll be so much fun..." She murmured, seeming to start to enter her own daydream as well. I chuckled, smiling back at her. I figured it would be a long time before we'd be at the island, so it might as well be a good choice to let her go on for a while. My memory started to run wild as the boat was rocked by the soft waves, and soon I lost myself in the serenity.