Volt - Chapter 14

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I yawned as light seeped through the curtains over my window; the last thing I wanted to do right now was get up. I couldn't go back to sleep with the light beginning to pour into my room, so I hesitantly got up. I padded over to my white door and opened it, then walked through the hall to the kitchen. Cinder sat alone cooking cinnamon rolls, and the smell that was filling the room made me want to drool. He noticed me, then gave a friendly wave to sit next to him.

"So, what happened last night?" He asked with a sly grin while I walked over to him.

"Pfft, don't even. I was just... helping her out." I said.

"Helping with what..?" He asking, still showing the stupid sly smile.

"She was... lost." I said, knowing it wasn't a complete lie. "Don't worry about it. So, what'd you do yesterday?"

He yawned and took a sip of some of his coffee, then sat back in his wooden chair. "Not really much, we just talked. So, what're we gonna do today?"

I yawned, too. "Ugh, no clue. Hopefully, we'll just chill and hang out here."

"Yeah, I second that. I honestly don't feel like doing too much." Cinder said with a deep sigh, putting his head on the countertop. "Ugh, I'm so tired for some reason..."

"Yeah, same. Well, might as well eat." I said, grabbing the rolls out of the oven. I took a giant bite out of one, and it tasted amazing. I quickly ate it, then another, and another. Finally I was full, and Cinder was laughing.

He took a bite of his own cinnamon roll, then turned to me. "Geez, hungry much? At least you got me in a better mood." He finished off his, then ate one more. "Okay then, what next? Wait for the girls to get up?"

"Yeah, I guess. We'll just hang out here for a while." I said, sitting back down. My ears perked up and I heard steps coming form the hallway, and soon Frost stepped into the kitchen, wearing her blue scarf. She flashed me a bright smile, then turned to the pan of cinnamon rolls on the marble counter.

"Oooh, tasty!" She cried, grabbing one and taking a huge bite, then nodding. "Wow, these are great!" She said as she began to eat again. Soon she had eaten two, then decided she was full. After that, she joined us at the countertop.

"Hey, Frost." I said as she sat down next to me. She nodded and smiled.

"So, what're we gonna do today?" Frost asked.

"Probably nothing, we really just want to chill here." I said, getting a nod from Cinder.

"Oh, okay!" She said, nodding and smiling. "So, uh, wanna hang out today, Volt?"

I was a bit confused, though I accepted. Why does she want to hang out suddenly even though I upset her? I thought. Ribbon came around the corner next, a smile on her face as well.

"Hi, guys!" She said, running over to sit with us. "Oh, wait, food!" She cried, suddenly changing direction and dashing to grab her breakfast. She ate hers faster than anyone else, seeming to not even stop to breathe as she devoured them. "Wow, that was great!" She said as she sat with us, though we were all giving her strange looks.

"Uh, still hungry..?" Cinder asked.

She laughed, noticing how we were looking at her. "Oh, I'm sorry! I'm just really hungry this morning!" We all stopped and laughed, too, then started talking. "Oh, so we're just gonna stay here? Okay, well... Frost, wanna hang with me?"