Volt - Chapter 62

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

In a single burst, everything came back. It almost felt like my brain was overloaded with the memories, though somehow it all felt... so good. In one moment suddenly everything made sense, all Frost's hesitations, her pain, frustrations, and everything else. I could understand all of it at that moment. I didn't even know how I could ever make all of it up to her, all the pain I knew I had caused, so I did the only thing I could do. I ran to her and hugged her, holding her as close as I could. I knew it could only help so much, but it was the least I could do. I owed her that much.

"I... I'm so sorry..." I muttered sheepishly. "I can't believe I forgot so much... I can't believe I let Psi trick me like that... and... I can't believe I hurt you so badly..." I could feel myself crying by now, though Frost was already hugging me back.

"It wasn't your fault, Volt. It never was. I'm... I'm just so glad you're glad!" She whimpered, now crying as well. "I've missed you so much... I... I'm so glad you're back..."

"I-I don't know what to say, I didn't know it was this bad... I'm so sorry this happened. I... I just want to find some way to make it up to you. C-can I?" I asked, moving my head to look into her eyes.

"D-do you remember... everything? Like what you said in that other world and everything? R-right before you lost all your memories?" She quietly asked, blushing lightly as she asked it.

I thought about it for a moment, nervously chuckling when I remembered what I had said. "Y-yeah, I uh... I do. Sorry about that..."

"Well then, here's the first thing you can do to make it up to me."

"What do you me-" Before I could finish, she leaned forward and kissed me. I was shocked at first, but I quickly caught back up to myself. It... it felt amazing. When we had done it in the other world it had felt good, but... nothing like this. I knew I was horrible at it, but I tried my best to return the kiss. I didn't want to ever stop; I had never felt something so right in my life. I knew not to spend the entire thing thinking, so I just closed my eyes and enjoyed it.

She eventually moved her head away, smiling and giggling a bit. "Sorry, I've waited so long for that... this all just doesn't feel real. I've been waiting so long to have you again. I just... I don't even know how to describe it. I've just missed you so much..." She whimpered, hugging me again.

"I... I love you too." I whispered, hugging her as well. Time seemed to move in slow motion as we stood there together, like the rest of the world had stopped moving for just the two of us. And I loved it.

"Well, since we're not really being followed anymore would you like to start back?" I asked, separating and extending a paw to her. She gave a sheepish nod, taking my paw in her own.

We quietly walked along the path, enjoying the moment with each other. We both continued peeking at each other, smiling every single time we did. Every now and then she would lean over and nuzzle me for a minute, hugging me as she did. We didn't talk much, but words weren't needed to explain what was going on. We were the happiest we had been in a long time, maybe ever. I was just happy to know she had forgiven me.

By the time we got there we were basically walking right next to each other, though because I wasn't as stressed I was able to listen to passerby as we walked. I kept hearing them talk about something called the Flower Festival, though. 

"So, who're you going to ask to the festival?"

"What do you think you're going to get her for the Flower Festival?"