Volt - Chapter 25

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat at a diner with Frost in front of me, both of us chowing down on food. Frost wasn't used to the food found in Orkrum, and she was loving it. She ate at a pace I had never seen before, and I could only laugh to myself as I stared at my food.

"Wow, all the food here is so good!" She cried, finishing her food and berry shake. "I can't wait to try everything out!"

"Everything? That's, uh, gonna take a while..." I chuckled, picking at the sandwich I had gotten. I just couldn't seem to eat; there was far too much on my mind for food at the moment.

"Volt, what's wrong? You've been really unlike yourself the whole time we've been here, and I'm starting to worry."

"I-I'm just thinking, there's been s-some stuff going on that I just don't understand. I just need to figure it out, okay?" I asked, though she didn't seem happy with that. I didn't explain any more, though, and she gave a reluctant nod after a while. The truth was, I just wanted to find out what that feeling was. After a long time of thinking with no conclusion, I had to settle on asking Cinder for answers.

I wanted to get home and ask him as soon as I could after we had finished eating and left, but Frost didn't want to leave yet. It was already far past noon by now, but I figured there was one other fun thing we could do. After another calming walk down to the beach, we stopped at the waters edge.

"Wow, the ocean is so beautiful, isn't it?" She asked, her violet eyes shining from the reflection of the sun in the water.

"It really is. So, wanna swim?" I questioned, making her jump for joy.

"Really?! I haven't been able to swim with one of my friends for years! Psi hates water, and Hydro's always alone! Of course I do!" She cried, running and jumping into the water. I laughed and followed, getting a running start then jumping high into the air, feet above the water. I made a huge splash when I hit the surface, and I went far underwater. I swam back up, joining her as we both swam further away from the coast. "Wow, this is so nostalgic for me. I've really missed this, y'know!"

"Heh, I'm glad I could help!" I chirped, stopping as we got around 150 feet from the shore. "The ocean is really clam today, huh?" I noticed there were almost no incoming waves, which let us see far into the horizon.

"Yeah, it is. Do you ever wonder what's out there? I mean, there's gotta be so much y'know? I can't just be us!"

"Yeah, there's a lot more. Far out there is the mainland, where there's tons of huge cities. The mainland is really dangerous, though. That's why I prefer to stay on the islands."

"Don't you wanna see it, though? I bet it's so pretty there!" She chirped, eyes gleaming with imagination. I didn't want to disappoint her, but so much of that world had been destroyed by the wars constantly being fought by greedy kings only looking for more land. I decided not to tell her, though, because I couldn't spoil her imagination.

"Well, maybe you will one day. We could try to save for it, y'know." I suggested, knowing there were still a few safe places on the mainland.

"Would you really help me? You're so sweet; thank you!" She cried, paddling over and giving me a hug.

"Heh, no problem, as long as it makes you happy." I replied, making her smile and blush a bit. We swam for a bit, before she splashed me with water. I turned and splashed her back, and soon it turned into an all out battle. We continuously splashed each other for a while, until both of us were totally soaked.