Ribbon - Chapter 23

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood at the edge of the house, listening to Psi, Volt, and Frost's conversation. I could tell Frost was crying, and she had turned Volt down to spending time with him. As soon as they finished talking, I ran around the side and went inside. I thought about what to do for a moment, until I finally decided what was best, even though I hated it. I padded to Volt's room, sighing as I opened the door.

He sat alone on his bed, not seeming to be doing anything. I walked in and stood next to his bed, staring him down. "Uh... hi?" He yelped, jumping up.

"H-hi, didn't see you there. We've never really talked, have we? Anyways, what's up?"

"Yeah, we don't talk. Ever. This isn't for me, okay? I just need to ask you some things."

He gave me a confused look, then stood up. His eyes showed a bit of fear as he tried to understand what I wanted, making me inwardly smile a bit. "Sure, but... who're you doing it for then?"

"Don't question it." I snapped, my eyes boring into him. He quivered, stepping back.

"O-okay, I get it, just ask already."

"First, who do you like more, Psi or Frost?"

He gave me a strange look, then shook his head. "I'm not gonna choose between my friends, especially since I don't trust you very much. You'll probably tell them and turn them against me or something..."

I hated what I was about to do, but I figured it was the only way. For Frost... For Frost... I continued to tell myself, hoping that would make the situation better. "Volt, please just answer. I can't promise this for everything, but I'm not trying to screw you over right now. I honestly just want to know, for all of my questions."

"Fine, but you better not be lying. I guess... Well, it would have to be Frost. Happy?"

I smiled inwardly, then gave a nod, hoping he couldn't tell his response overjoyed me. "Now, what is a quality you like in others?"

"Geez, these questions are weird... I need to think about that one." He stayed quiet for a bit, taking long enough that I was beginning to get annoyed. I was about to tell him to hurry up, when he spoke. "Well, I like others who understand me, and I like pokemon who're really nice. Is that enough?"

"Plenty!" I chirped, glad to be almost done with the horrible conversation. "Just one more, are you serious about doing nothing but battling your entire life?"

"Well, yeah, I guess. Why?"

I faceplamed, staring at him. "Arceus, Volt, you're an idiot. You're really gonna miss out on so much of life just so you can knock some randos around?"

"Well, I... I guess it does sound a bit silly, but..."

"All I'm gonna say is that you're stupid if you really are thinking of doing that. Anyways, that's all I wanted to ask. I'm getting out of here." I spat, leaving him sitting in thought. I hoped he would snap out of that childish dream, just so Frost could be happy for a while, even if it wasn't forever.

I went to my room and started writing down how he had answered, decided I would keep a few papers dedicated to evidence for Frost. I divided the paper into two sides, one labeled 'Good' and one labeled 'Bad'. I wrote his answer to the first two questions in the good side, bt his answer to the last in bad. The last question, of course, invalidated the first two, since he could never love Frost if he never wanted to love anyone in the first place.