Frost - Chapter 33

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who are you?"

I stared at him, not knowing how to react. "Y-you're kidding, right?"

"I-I have no clue who you are. Seriously, I don't know what's going on." He stood up, though he was still backing away.

"Volt, p-please. I-I've been waiting to have you back for so long... I can't take this, too."

"I really can't help you, because I don't even know who you are. Can you explain this?" Cinder stumbled into the room, staring at Volt.

"You're back!" He cried, hugging him.

"Hey, Cinder. Could you please explain what's going on?"

I pulled Cinder away, taking him into the hall. "Cinder, I think Necrozma did something... Volt can't remember me at all."

"What?! No way, you're kidding." He shook his head, running back. "Volt, you remember Frost, right?"

He turned his head, seeming to be deep in thought. "I really, really don't. That name sounds familar, but... I just don't know." Cinder stared at him, amazed.

"Volt, you're coming with me. I need to talk to you, seriously." Cinder grabbed his paw and pulled him away, leaving me depressed. He had been there for me, defended me, confessed to me, and yet he couldn't remember anything?! I seriously had the worst luck ever...

I walked to my room, not even sure what to do anymore. Having him gone was bad, but having him here but not even knowing me was somehow... worse. I laid on my bed, staring at the wall. Everything I had done, every bit of it, was all for nothing. I would have to work back up from nothing again, just to be able to call him my friend.

I sat alone for a while, before I saw Cinder shove Volt through the door. He looked extremely awkward, which I would've giggled at if not for the situation. "Uh, hi... Frost?"

"...Yeah, that's it," I sighed, resting my head on my paws, "I know you don't remember me, you don't have to make an effort to learn about me if you don't want to."

"Frost, I uh... Cinder told me some stuff. A lot, actually. I know him just fine, but you and the others I saw here I just don't remember. So, can you help me clear some things up? I really do want to remember if I really did forget all this, but it just feels like some prank."

"Yeah, I guess I might as well." I sighed, sitting up. "What is it?"

"Geez, no need to be rude. There's no way Cinder was telling the truth about all that if you always act like this."

"N-no, just... w-wait, what did he tell you?!"

"Nothing! I-it's nothing..." I found myself giggling; it really was a lot like when we first met, but it wasn't like I wanted to relive that. I noticed he was blushing a bit, only reinforcing what I was already pretty sure Cinder had told him. "Anyways, he said a bunch of stuff about Zygarde and Necrozma and stuff, but I don't even know what a Necrozma is. Zygarde I know, but what does he have to do with this?"

"Everything." We both jumped, turning to see the lime legendary behind Volt. "You, my friend, were brainwashed."

"Wha-?! Why is Zygarde in your bedroom?!" He cried, scampering away from the beast.

"Necrozma sent a clone of you to do his deeds, which was a pure incarnate of his darkness, just as you are with my powers. Your red and blue friends here are your partners, and you all are destined to be an efficient, powerful team. This hindrance is inopportune, though, and your memory will need to be restored quickly before the clone is revived and sent to our physical world."