Frost - Chapter 17

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aah, what the crap, Volt?!" I cried, turning to him, though I realized that voice hadn't come from him, since he was turned around in shock like I was. I turned to see what he was looking at, which was Zygarde right behind me. "O-oh, sorry..! Please don't kill me!" I cried, almost instinctively.

He laughed, turning his gaze to me. "Finally, seems you've come to respect, and fear, my power. That will do you much good, little lady." I was already getting mad, but I let it go. I knew how he played now, and we needed information. Now. "Seems you figured out a way to contact me, hm?"

Volt nodded, and I spoke up. "Zygarde, we have some questions, and we need answers. Can you help us?" He nodded, so I started with the obvious one. "You said we needed Xerneas to cure Volt. Where can we find her?"

He laughed, looking at my book. "You believe that trash? Heh, figures. Xerneas can appear anywhere, at any time. You must find a way to call out to her, though, and she will answer. That book is partly correct, though. It will only work if you have a pure heart with pure intentions."

"What does that mean, exactly?" I asked, confused by the term 'pure' being used so much.

"Intentions free of any vile emotions, such as greed and hate. As long as you bear none of those, Xerneas will appear just fine. That is, if you can reach her."

"How do we reach her?" Volt asked.

"Telepathy, of course, though your blue friend is clearly much more skilled in that than you. A shame, I expected much more of you." He said, turning to Volt.

"Well, she's of worth to you then, is she not?" Volt asked, to which Zygarde gave an aggrivated sigh. Volt flashed me a smile in return, and I giggled to myself, covering my mouth with my paw.

"Zygarde, could you please help us contact her?" I asked in my sweetest voice possible. He shook his head, turning away.

"I would, but I feel this is something you two should figure out on your own. A sort of trials, if you will." He explained, still slithering around the room.

"And if Volt goes insane, are you still just gonna sit there?" I asked, annoyed once again.

"If he goes insane, he's not the right one, and I've wasted my time. If he goes insane, I'll be busy searching for someone who's actually competent to do this job." He snarled, making both Volt and me flinch.

"So, any more of this amazing wisdom you have to offer us?" I returned, done talking to him at this point.

"Ugh, I'm leaving. You two are hopeless." He said, once again splitting into seemingly thousands of green rays of light that disappeared.

"Frost?" Volt asked, turning to me. "Can you please teach me how to do that telepathy thing?"

"Sure, I can try. I don't know exactly how I could teach it, though..." I said, thinking. "Let's see, when I do it, it usually helps to think about how-" I stopped myself, about to say something I knew I would regret. "Well, you, I guess." I played it off, even though that part was true.

"So, just think of you and it'll work?" He asked, laughing.

"Um, well... I don't really know how else to describe it. Just try, maybe it'll work, y'know?" I suggested, and he nodded. He closed his eyes, and I could tell he was trying to contact me. I heard nothing, though, so I tried to contact him myself. Can you hear this? I asked, while he opened his eyes and looked at me in disbelief, clearly confused.