Cinder - Chapter 35

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, bud. I know you're down after all this, but don't let it mess with you too much. We'll figure out something, okay?" I told Volt, who was glumly resting his head on his paws while laying on the couch. It had been a few hours since he had gotten back from running around with Frost, and there had been little progress with getting his memories returned, but we had to keep trying. After all, he was determined to ask Frost to be his girlfriend after all this was over, and there was nothing I could do to stop that.

"I know we probably will, but I feel lightyears behind everyone else. I think I'm just gonna go see if Zygarde can help..." He stood up and trotted off without a trace of joy, just showing how sad this situation was for him. As for myself, there was something else on my mind right now. I walked to Ribbon's room, where I found her sitting alone on her bed.

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked, standing right outside the door.

"Yeah, sure. Come on in!" She chirped, looking up from a book she was reading.

"I know we haven't been together for very long at all, but this just doesn't feel right. Do you feel that way, too?"

She was silent for a minute, before nodding. "Y-yeah, I do. I really didn't want to at first, but Frost told me to go ahead with it. I'm guessing it was somewhat the same for you?"

"Yeah, it was. I just think we shouldn't be together for now, just so we can have some time to... y'know."

"I agree. So... wanna hang out as just friends?"

"I'd love to. I'll meet you out on the beach in a few minutes, okay?" I asked, walking back towards the door.

"Of course, I'll be down there in a bit." I walked out of our house and down one of the hills around our home, eventually stepping onto the sandy beaches. I was soon joined by Ribbon, who was skipping as she approached me.

"It's a beautiful day, it's it? If Volt hadn't lost all his memories, today would be a great day for all of us to have a nice picnic or something together. I guess it'll just be the two of us while those two are together." She didn't sit down, though, and instead walked around the coast for a bit.

"Huh? What're you doing?" I noticed she was paying a lot of attention to the sand, and I walked over to see exactly what she was looking at.

"I'm looking for these!" She chirped, picking up a small seashell. "...This one isn't that special, though. If I could find some really nice ones, though, I think they would make some amazing earrings..."

"Oh, I guess I could try and help. What kind of seashells are you looking for?" I asked, picking through the grains of sand.

She picked up a small, cone shaped one, then showed it to me. "These ones are really nice, aren't they? I think they would work really well!"

"If you think they'll look nice, I'd be glad to help you get some. Once we find those, I can try and help you make them if you want." I began to sift through the sand with her, looking for the shells she liked.

"Y'know, I've never found any decent-sized shells like that look like that. If we could find some together, that would just be amazing. Anyways, you search over there, and I'll look over here!" She pointed towards one side of the coast for me to go to, and one other for her.

As the two of us searched, I came up with an idea to make this even better for her. Once we found the shells, I just had to get them back home for a bit so I could work on them. As the waves washed in, the water touched my paws, which felt really uncomfortable, but luckily I had adapted to become a sort of tropical-form Flareon, so it didn't burn like it would to a normal fire type.