Volt - Chapter 64

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, we think it's this town, right? Anchorpoint, right?" I asked, looking over the map with Frost. She nodded, tracing the path we needed to take with her paw.

"Yeah, looks like it. It shouldn't be too long of a walk, thankfully. Maybe only a few hours. Do you think you're up for that?"

"Of course! There's no way I'd want to back down after we've come this far!" I chirped, gathering my things as I prepared to leave.

"Okay, sounds good. By the way, here!" She called, making to turn to catch an apple she'd tossed to me. She yawned as she pulled another out for her to eat, slinging her bag onto her back again once she was done. "I really didn't expect to sleep that well out here. I guess your fur was warm enough to lull me right into dreams~" She murmured, rubbing against me. I noticed her behavior had changed quite a bit since I had gotten my memories back. Now she suddenly seemed a lot more... touchy? I didn't really know how else to describe it, but it seemed like she always wanted to be as close as possible to me now. Even though it was a lot weirder compared to her personality beforehand, honestly... I couldn't say I minded it. I hadn't really experienced this kind of thing before, but it made my chest feel fuzzy and warm, and I couldn't help but smile every time she did.

"Well, I guess once we finish these we should get going," I stated, biting into my apple as I did. It was sweet and juicy, reminding me of the similar apples I had on this island when I was younger. Frost seemed to be enjoying the apple as well, both of us remembering our pasts before we had been tossed into this chaos.

"Y'know, isn't it crazy that we met? We both came from the same place and survived the same thing, and somehow we still found each other. I wonder if we met by chance or if our entire lives were planned... that's really scary to think about..." She wondered, slowly beginning down the path.

"I don't think so. Maybe our meeting was destiny, but friendly or not I wouldn't let a god control my entire life. What's the point in living in the life isn't mine?" I asked, getting a confused look from her.

"That's... deep." She said with a giggle, shaking her head. "I really don't know. Once we stop Necrozma, though, I know I'm taking some much-deserved relaxation time. What about you?"

I could only shrug, not really sure about what I wanted to do in the future. "I'm not too sure. I guess I'll just have to find out once this is all over. My entire world is just shaky right now, the last thing I need to do is plan things based on what's going on right now. Before I know it everything could just change in an instant at this point."

Frost seemed to understand, nodding her head. "Yeah, this is a pretty weird time. Hydro's going to keep being difficult, though, so he might want to me leave and go home after all of this..." I could tell the thought of that made her sad, her ears drooping down a bit as we walked. "Maybe I'd be able to talk him out of it, but I know he really doesn't like me being here..."

"Even if he does make you move, I promise I'll still come and visit, okay?"

"I didn't doubt it for a second." She replied, rubbing against me again.

Why did she keep doing that?! I thought, hoping she wasn't reading my mind right now. I didn't really understand why she kept doing it, but I decided to go along with it. I rubbed my head against hers as she did it, making her blush a bit. She deeply sighed in relief, smiling as she did.

"Jolty, I-" She stopped herself, seeming to think for a moment. "-I want you to know just how much this means to me. You're the best f-friend I've ever had, though I'd like to-"