16: Said First Love

“Carter! Can you come in here please?” I called out to him while admiring myself in my floor length mirror.

“What,” he groaned.

“Is this dress fucᴋable?” I patted down the material once again. It was a sparkling red. “Or should I go with the black and gold one?” He stared at me in confusion. “Which dress looks better?”

“Red is not your color.”

“How kind of you to say that?” I rolled my eyes and peeled the red dress off. After zipping up the black and gold one, I twirled in the mirror. “That’s another addition.” He looked puzzled. I motioned to my suitcase mainly consisting of black, gold, and white.

“You have a problem.” He walked out of my bedroom. “We’re leaving in thirty minutes.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I sat on my suitcase and zipped it up. After putting on a manageable amount of clothing, I dragged my suitcase to the front door hoping I had enough clothes for this trip to Vegas and Malibu. “You’re driving? Right?”

“Apparently since you’re incapable of doing so.” I kicked him in the back of his knee as payback for his snarky comment. “What the hell is your problem?”

“Don’t be rude.” He muttered obscenities under his breath as we exited the apartment. After placing our suitcases in the car, I closed the trunk and came around the passenger side.

“Do we drive straight there?”

“Nah. We’re going to Talia’s first. She has food.” We pulled out the parking lot. The ten minute drive was filled with me singing along to pop songs playing on the radio.

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

The car turned off and so did the music. “It was almost done.”

“You always try to kill me with your singing. I swear.” I rolled my eyes and got out the car. I scampered up the steps and walked into Talia’s unlocked apartment.

“Finally! Bailey, you are always late.” Reese said.

“I just finished packing.” Carter walked in behind me.

“Where’s the food?”

“With the guys in the kitchen,” Ashley nodded her head off in that direction. “So anyway. When are you going to the OB-GYN?”

“I guess when I get back. I’ve decided I’m only going to the casino. You guys can club without me.” Talia reclined in her chair and stared wistfully at her stomach.

“We’re growing up. Starting families and shit. I’m gonna cry.” Reese looked like a bundle of emotions.

“Did you tell your mother? Your father?” I asked Tal.

“Nope. Maybe after the doctor’s appointment. Let’s hope Mom doesn’t flip her shit.”

We talked some more until the guys filed in. “What did I tell you guys about condoms? You use them to prevent things like this from happening.” Sam said.