5: Said Sexual Tension

I woke up to the sound of loud voices and footsteps. Choosing to ignore them instead, I folded myself into my covers more. The voices only got louder before I heard a frustrated groan.

"If you drop that box, so help me God." Yep, that was Talia. I let out some mangled sound before getting out of my bed and grabbing slippers from the floor. After putting a crew neck over my pajama top, I checked out the commotion in my apartment.

"Oh shit! It's today isn't it," I said when I saw boxes in the living room.

"Yes, it's today." Talia replied. Her voice held some tone of sadness. Today was going to be a long day. "And I can't believe it's happening."

"I cannot believe my main bitch is leaving me." I pulled Talia into a suffocating hug relishing in our last day living together.

"I'm not leaving just yet." She said. "These bozos need to hurry up and get a move on!" Her voice raised an octave with each word.

"Yelling won't make us work any faster," James yelled back. I rolled my eyes at his presence alone. "Good morning to you. You're looking awful dapper today." His face pulled into a grimace

"I can't say the same to you." I turned on my heel and headed back into my room. The small glimpse into Talia's room made my heartbreak. Half her things were gone while the other half was packed in boxes. Suddenly it got too real because I realized that my best friend was leaving.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth to freshen up. I opted for a loose graphic tee and some denim shorts. I reached for my socks and Keds before fastening both onto each foot. Once I was dressed to help, I emerged to set tea on the stove and popped two toaster strudels into the toaster.

"Look who's up and functioning." I turned around to face Kyle along with Carter.

"Shit got all too real. Do you realize that I live alone now?" I took a sip of tea relishing in how it burnt the back of my throat. "I've never lived alone. I could be taken advantage of."

"What you need to do is stop thinking so far into the future." Carter said. He began breathing slowly motioning for me to join him.

"Keep doing that and I won't hesitate in tossing my tea into your face." He cringed a step away from me.

"You can't ruin the goods. My face is my prized possession." Kyle looked between us with an odd expression.

"The sexual tension between you two is uncomfortable." I felt the heat creep up the back of my neck.

"Kyle, you read too much into things." I shook my head. "There's no sexual anything between us." I grabbed my toaster strudels when they popped out of the toaster and threw them onto a plate before they could scald my fingers.

"Are you sure about that Bailey?" I ignored Carter swiftly.

"I'm going to help Talia now. You guys are useless." I stuck a strudel in my mouth before moving around them. Talia was by a small U-Haul on the ground level. I handed a strudel to her which she gladly took.

"The beauty of being female is that chivalry is somewhat alive. I don't even have to lift a finger. I might as well have gotten a manicure."

"You are so lazy. I came out here to help but since you aren't doing anything, I might as well be stationary." I watched the guys load things into the U-Haul attachment and let me tell you, it was a sight worth seeing.

~∞~

"I'm gonna miss you around here, babe." I pulled Talia into another tight hug.

"I know. You will always be my first love. We took on college together." She sniffled. "Now it's time for us to grow up and move on to the mature aspects of our young adulthood." Using her pent up strength, she picked me up and spun me around screaming, "I love you bitch and don't you forget it," at the top of her lungs.