32: Said Move

"Rematch!" I shouted, slamming the controller onto the coffee table.

"You are one of the sorest losers I've ever met in my life. This is the fourth rematch." Carter leaned back on the couch while restarting the game.

"Any normal guy would've taken the initiative to teach the girl how to play."

"We both know that's a move."

"One second he's teaching you that 'X' is to shoot. The next minute he's kissing down your neck."

"See. You've been there." I kicked him in his chin before settling my feet back in his lap. "I am abused here."

"Shut up and press start." He chuckled before starting the game. Despite all my reckless pressing of the buttons, I still managed to lose. "But I killed people. I've killed five people."

"You killed your ally five times."

"No. He jumped in front of the bullet."

"And you continued to fire rounds into his chest?" He arched an eyebrow at me.

"Fucᴋ this game. Fucᴋ the controller. Fucᴋ the console. Fucᴋ you." I got off the couch heading towards my room.

"You still owe me dinner!" He yelled down the hallway.

I shut the door behind me before stripping out of my clothes and into my uniform. I tugged my shorts down as I came back down the hall. "You need to drop me off."

"And waste my gas?"

"Please?"

Carter gasped while rolling off the couch. "Did you just use manners?"

"A nuisance. That's what you are."

"I'll drop you off. I have to go to PT anyways." He picked up the bag laying by the door and swung the door open, motioning for me to go before him. "So when are you taking me out?"

"I am broke."

"You can make me dinner."

"You want to be poisoned, don't you?"

"You owe me something."

"Do not say what I think you're going to," I interrupted him at the sight of the smirk slowly gracing his features.

"It's like you're inside my brain." We pulled into the parking lot of the bar. Few cars littered the outside. I cringed at the thought of my usual day drinkers, reminiscing on my yesterday's altercation.

"Have fun at physical therapy. Let's hope they can salvage what little is left in that brain of yours."

"It's almost like you don't believe in compliments. You always leave me with an insult." He slumped against his seat waiting for me to grab my stuff and put my heels on. "I should at least get a kiss."

"You're so needy." I said while leaning in to give him a small chaste kiss. Just enough to leave him wanting more. "By the way, I'll be home late tonight."

"Fucᴋing tease." He muttered as I chuckled on my way out of the car.

~∞~

"How long will you drink your heart out? You're damaging your liver. You've been here since this place opened."

"And I'll leave when it closes."

"Leave inside an ambulance." I muttered as I poured another glass of gin and tonic before sliding it down the bar.

"You're like the mother of this bar."

"His tab has reached over 100. If anything, I'm saving him."