Epilogue

3 Years Later...

"He broke up with me after he fucκed me senseless against a shower wall." I laid next to Ashley, who was laughing at my current situation. "No, seriously. What kind of demonic shit is that? He literally took my soul and left me."

"You gotta admit that's some freaky shit." She was a fit of giggles which got me to smile. "Shouldn't you be heartbroken right now?"

"I've been wanting to break up with him since we hit the four month mark, if we're being honest." I shrugged "He just did me a favor. The only thing broken right now is my pride." Maybe a little more than that, but I wouldn't be the one to admit it.

"What exactly happened for you guys to break up so suddenly? Just yesterday, you were raving about the gift that you couldn't wait to give him."

"I don't know Ash. Everything was going so great, in my mind. He mentioned something about love, but I don't know."

"Walk me through what happened then. Please," she begged.

"So, I just joined him in the shower after dinner, right?"

"After the shower deflowering. Spare me the sexual details. You can do that much." I laughed before diving into the story.

In the beginning, being in Nicholas's penthouse suite was a bit intimidating, but having been together for quite some time now, I got used to it. That explains why I headed straight to his bedroom after our bathroom rendezvous.

"Nick! Where are my clothes," I called while searching through my section of his closet, or what used to be my section. I should've been more suspenseful upon seeing this, but I assumed he had done laundry because that was the type of man he had been all throughout our relationship. "Nick, are you even listening to me?"

"Wait a second." I caught agitation in his tone.

"Why do you sound so mad?" I stayed in my robe and began to towel dry my hair, seeing as the blow dryer I left here was nowhere to be found. In fact, a lot of my stuff was missing from its usual location, like my charger on the wall by the bed and my toothbrush that I noticed was missing from the cup in his bathroom. "For real, Nick. I'm not playing any games with you. Where is my stuff?"

He didn't bother to answer me. Instead, he walked into his room, a bag of familiar stuff in his hand. "Here." It was then, when it began to add up.

I let out a humorless laugh. "You are not serious right now." I looked him up and down, giving him a once over. "Wow, a grown ass man and you could not just outright tell me how you felt."

"Bailey. You know this was long overdue. It's been a long time coming, actually." He had a somber look on his face, a stark difference to my look of indifference.

"So you just had sex with me for what? Breakup sex? You sick fucκ." I roughly grabbed the bag out of his hands, not bothering to think twice about changing in front of him. "You're going to miss this shit. If I remember correctly, you said I made you feel young again."

"Bailey, my decision was not made to hurt you."

"The fact that you just think it's okay for you to toss a bag my way so I can catch the hint is disgusting. The fact that you invited me over for dinner and then fucκed me over in the end," A bitter laugh took over me. "Literally."

"I'm doing what's best for me."

"Yeah, by thinking with your dick."

"Do you realize that you've never said you love me? Ten months we've been together. Ten whole, long months without you ever saying it back. Why the hell would I want to stay in a relationship that is obviously one-sided." He ran a hand through his wet hair. "I really wanted it to work with you. I really wanted it to be you. I ignored what everyone said about the age difference. 'How did a 29-year old manage to snag a 24-year old like you?' I ignored my coworkers berating me day in and day out for dating one of my patients. I ignored all of the judgment out of love." He sat down at the edge of his bed. "And it looks to me like you didn't, you wouldn't, do the same. If anything, I'm the one who's entitled to be hurt right now."